Thursday, August 7, 2014

FRIEND Pooah Party

Tonight was the end-of-the-summer-day-camp pool party for the Therapeutic Recreation group. They have it every year.

Joshua was excited to go because Ms. Sherrie was going to be there, Jenni was going to be there...and SNACKS.

He was really excited to see everyone.

Clark and Faith were going to take him, but they ran late...so I ended up driving him to Little Rock and then staying for the whole party.

They held it at the pool where the "incident" was, and, not gonna lie...couldn't really get that mental image out of my mind. It's not the cleanest pool, and it's not in the best part of town...I was convinced that everything floating in it was...well, you know.

All of the FRIENDS were happy to see each other. Most of them went RUNNING up to each other and gave big hugs. It is really so sweet.

Jenni is very self-conscious about being in her swimsuit. Joshua said, "Jenni, you are just fine the way you are."

And Jenni said, "I know."

There was a guy who, several years ago, wrote this article entitled "If People with Down Syndrome Ruled the World." One of the points in there was about how if you compliment a person with Down Syndrome, they will agree with you. Most of the time, this is the way it is with Joshua.

Me: "Joshua, you did a good job on that."
Joshua: "I know."

Or...

Me: "Joshua, you look sharp in that outfit!"
Joshua: "Yes, I do."

So, when Joshua said, "Jenni, you are fine just the way you are," OF COURSE, she would say, "I know."

And, before you all go, "awwwww...how sweet," I need to tell you that just before that something happened...I don't know what...and something was said...and then I heard Joshua said to Jenni, "in the words of Stephanie Tanner (Full House)...'how RUDE.'"

"Praise Him for His powerful acts; Praise Him for His abundant greatness." Psalm 150:2

No comments:

Post a Comment