Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Joshua's Movie Recommendation: "When the Game Stands Tall"

Last Friday morning, Joshua's girlfriend, Jenni, called to see if they could have a date. Jenni has a helper-friend with her on Fridays, and so we try to get them together when we can.

Jenni said they wanted to go to a movie. I worked out a meeting place with Tiffannie-the-helper-friend, and dropped Joshua off with them.

I was a nervous wreck, because for the past couple of weeks, Joshua has been very anxious and out-of-sorts. I could tell that he was getting that way by the time I left him with Jenni, and I worried half-to-death that they were going to call and ask me to come get him because he was sick.

He is just NEVER, EVER like this.

So, I went to the Wal-Marks and did some grocery shopping. I may or may not have checked my phone 5 or 20 times. And then I came home and unloaded everything...and waited.

FINALLY, Joshua texted that they were leaving the movie theater. We have a regular meeting place, so I headed there.

Joshua got out of the car just beaming. He said it was the BEST MOVIE HE HAD EVER SEEN. He said it was better than "Facing the Giants" and better than the "The Blind Side." That is high praise coming from Joshua.

Thank you, Jesus, for hearing my prayers!

He said that every football team everywhere in the world, from pee-wee up to the NFL, and all of their friends and family...so, basically, everyone in the world...should watch this movie.

He started telling me all about it. Wait! 

Spoiler Alert!

He said that it had a shooting scene that "almost scared the crap out of me and Jenni." And then he repeated it three more times for emphasis...waiting for me to have a reaction.

On the 3rd time, I gave him one. I said, "alright, Joshua...I heard you. Please don't say 'crap.' It doesn't sound nice."

And he went, "hee hee hee hee," in his little Fred voice.

That's all he wanted...to say it and make sure I knew that he said it.

He also said there was a "fru-neral" scene that was very emotional, and that he "almost cried 4 times."

Now, I don't know if that means he nearly cried 4 different times, or that he cried 3 times and almost cried the last time. No clue. That's just what he said.

And, he said that the best part of the whole day was sitting next to Jenni in the movie.

Everybody say "awwwwww..."

"Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burdens..." Psalm 68:19

No comments:

Post a Comment