Sunday, August 17, 2014

The End of the World and 16 Years

Three years ago, on the day of Holly's wedding...someone predicted the world would end.

And everyone freaked out.

Of course, it didn't end.

The Bible says that no one knows the hour or the day when the Lord will return...not even Jesus Himself. "However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows." (Mark 13:32)

So, all the psychics and analysts out there...save yourself some time. You are not going to be right.

I know that I should always be watching and ready for the Lord to return, and many days I do. But I confess that some days, it doesn't cross my mind. I'm embarrassed to admit it, because, how sad is that? I think that if I kept it in front of me and lived with purpose...and told people of Jesus with the urgency that is needed to keep people from Hell...my life would be different.

And so would the lives of others.

But if the world ends in a few hours, not gonna lie...I'd be okay with that.

You know...if it was just about me.

Because, as of today, my Mom has been in Heaven for 16 years. I can hardly believe it. She's missed so much, and yet I guess she's really missed nothing at all. She's with Jesus. It's the ones who are left here who are missing her presence every day.

So, yeah...if the world ended today, I'd be okay with that.

Because, I'm ready. I'll be spending eternity with my Father, in His House of no tears, no death, no sorrow, no pain.

And it's not because of anything I've done at ALL (Titus 3:5), but because God sent His only Son to die for ME....and for you (John 3:16).

But, it's NOT just about me, and my heart aches for those who have not yet made the decision to accept Jesus as their Savior and Lord of their lives.

You don't have to live in fear of tomorrow, or any tomorrows to come. You can know Him today. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved." (Acts 16:31)

Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe. Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow."

"For you know quite well that the day of the Lord’s return will come unexpectedly, like a thiefin the night." (1 Thessalonians 5:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment