Sunday, August 10, 2014

Frustrated

Updated to add that when we got home after church, Joshua had a missed call on his phone from one of the girls who teaches in his class. She apologized profusely for not letting him (or the stranger-girl he sat with in church) know about the change in meeting places and time. MUCH APPRECIATED by this Mom.

So, it's Sunday.

Hoping that the incident from last Sunday wouldn't be repeated, Jim wanted to form a game-plan. He said, "what should we tell Joshua if his class decides to meet somewhere else today?"

I said, "well, can you just walk him in his class, and maybe talk to someone in there and find out?"

He said he would, and I went on to choir. We sang in the first service, and I kept my eyes on the director.

Know how I know this? Because if I had been looking around, I would've seen my little man sitting in the early service beside someone we didn't know...when he was supposed to be in Sunday School.

And if I HAD seen him, I would've left after the special music, and gone out to sit with him.

But I didn't.

I went on to my Sunday School class.

It was only after Sunday School, when I got into the choir room before the late service that Holly and Faith met me and told me what had happened with Joshua.

AGAIN.

Honestly, I did not think I would be able to sing in the second service because my throat felt all tight and I thought I was going to cry.

But, I made it through the songs and then I went out to sit in the congregation with Jim and Joshua. Joshua had already gotten up at the beginning of the service to go to the bathroom. Something he NEVER does.

I think the whole thing kind of upset his stomach.

And then he came back and sat through the service...for the second time.

Jim and I talked about it all the way home...what to do.

Still don't have any answers. All I know is that God brought us to this church for a reason. And He loves Joshua more than we ever could. We are trusting in that. And praying for guidance.

"Aren’t five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten in God’s sight." Luke 12:6 

2 comments: