Saturday, August 30, 2014

Game Day, Baby! It's Football Season!

Well, it's Saturday and it's GAME DAY, BABY! I woke up so excited, because...not gonna lie...baseball is about to wear.me.out.

Except for the Texas Rangers. I love them, and I love my family who loves them. :)

But I'm just kind of a football girl.

And on Saturdays and Sundays, I enjoy having football on the TV in the background. It's soothing to me.

Hey...my Grandmother used to "put on golf." She said it was so peaceful watching golf on TV. She loved the landscaping of the golf courses and the quiet way the announcers talked. She would find a channel that was showing golf, and promptly take a nap.

My boys have always laughed at my love for football. They are not impressed with a girl or a MOM who spouts off scores and stats and things like that. Just fix us some dip, woman!

I'M KIDDING.

It's like I've always told my boys, I don't claim to know everything about football. I don't even claim to know a LITTLE about football. But I make up for my lack of knowledge with lots of enthusiasm!

I have a few college football teams that I really like, but I will always cheer for the SEC teams.

Except LSU. I will never cheer for them.

Please don't take that personally.

I'm kidding.

And Kentucky. I will never cheer for Kentucky in a basketball game.

I live in Arkansas, so I cheer for the Arkansas Razorbacks. And our son, Logan, graduated from Arkansas State University, so I always cheer for the Red Wolves (they aren't in the SEC). I also love the Ouachita Baptist University Tigers.

This weekend, our daughter...and Aaron-the-son-in-law, went to Auburn, Alabama for the Arkansas vs Auburn game. We stayed here to watch Marley, their Yorkie. Jim calls him the "half-a-dog."

The half-a-dog is (apparently) nocturnal. Or maybe it's just that he's not in his own environment. I'm tired today.

I had high hopes for our team.

Scratch that. I had highER hopes for our team than last year. And they did look better. I was impressed by much of what I saw.

But will all of that make for a winning season? Time will tell. I'm hoping for 5 wins, which is stretching it. A LOT. Especially since one of the teams we play, Northern Illinois, just stomped on their opponent the other night 55-3...and I was sure counting on us beating them. Ruh-roh, Raggy.

"Shout to the Lord, all the earth; be jubilant, shout for joy, and sing." Psalm 98:4

No comments:

Post a Comment