Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday Links For You (August 8 Edition)

Well, as I sit here and type this, it's Friday! Yay!

We've had a good week. Let's see...Jim made more tomato juice on Wednesday night. I walked in after choir practice and about threw up in my mouth. UGH.  WHY DOES IT HAVE TO SMELL SO BAD? My hummingbirds are still fighting, annnd Jim has built another coffin.

Coffin? I think I've written about it before, but when I went to look for it in past posts, I couldn't find it. I think it was on Mother's Day. Jim worked and worked on this thing outside. He called it a "flower box," but I'm telling you...it looks like a coffin. It was a little less than 5 1/2 feet long (I'm 5'4") and it looked like it would fit me perfectly. He gave it to me for Mother's Day.

I'm not just being paranoid. I may or may not have caught him following me around the house with a tape measure.

I'M KIDDING.

But I'm sleeping with one eye opened...just in case!

Here are some posts that I thought were really good this week:

This post made me think. And while this particular post has nothing to do with her book, I will have to say that I was surprised by Lisa-Jo's book, "surprised by motherhood." I thought it was going to be a book geared mainly toward the younger moms (ahem), but I loved it. I cried my eyes out whenever she talked about losing her mom. (sigh) I highly recommend this book.

This post from Sheaffer made me laugh SO HARD, because it totally sounds like something I would do!

This from Ann Voskamp: "Cease striving to get to a higher, greater platform—and start praying to go lower to serve greater."

This post and this verse really jumped out to me this week: "...For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.Habakkuk 1:5

This from Annie Downs on Class Clowns: why we need them in our lives...they have a place in the body of Christ! And, did I mention that I loooooove her new book, "Let's All Be Brave." I'm nearly finished reading it!

I read this post through tears on a subject close to my heart...how the Church is forgetting kids/adults who have disabilities...and ignoring their hurting families.

"In fact, some parts of the body that seem weakest and least important are actually the most necessary." 1 Corinthians 12:22

No comments:

Post a Comment