Saturday, August 2, 2014

Bears, Puny Fingers, God's Creatures and the Devil's Wife

We've had a good week. Pretty quiet. And some GREAT weather. I know people complain if it's too hot or too cold. In central Arkansas, we not only get hot summer weather, we get humidity out the front door! Our meteorologist calls it "the weather you can wear."

Not even kidding.

He also calls our state: Arkansauna.

Fitting.

But not this week! It's been awesome. I have so much more energy on summer days when it's cool. And mentally, it just lifts my spirits because we typically have day after day of burning HOT temps and thick humidity...to get days like we've had this week? It's a treat for sure!

Before the weather got all cool and rainy, we spent some time in the pool. Or, the way Joshua says it, the "pooah."

And we got to hear Joshua's views on all kinds of things:

1) Bears. "Bears are dumb and have no brains." And he went on and on about it. Clark has been watching re-runs of The Office, and this totally reminded me of the conversation between Dwight Schrute and Jim Halpert on bears:

Jim Halpert: QUESTION. What kind of bear is best?
Dwight Schrute: That's a ridiculous question.
Jim Halpert: FALSE. Black bear.
Dwight Schrute: That's debatable. There are basically two schools of thought...
Jim Halpert: FACT: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica
Dwight Schrute: Bears do not...What is going on? What are you doing?

Somebody stop me.

2) After being in the pooah for an hour, Joshua informed me that his fingers were all "puny." He also told me that he read somewhere that "puny fingers are better for gripping things."

3) God's creatures. When we are out in the pooah, I make it my job to keep the area safe from critters. We have these little water bug things in the pooah. They fly in and then they swim around...and they will sting you. Before I even get in the pooah, I go around with the net and get those out. Sometimes, we'll have little spiders. But what really bothers me are the wasps, bees and yellow-jackets...because I am pretty allergic. Plus, I try to be as diligent as I can, to protect Joshua from getting stung. Joshua told me that he killed a dirt-dobber up in his room. He said, "I love all of God's creatures, but if one of them gets in our house...I'm gonna squash it with my shoe!"

4)The devil's wife. Joshua went on a long tirade about the devil. He said, "the devil didn't have a wife."

Me: "oh, yeah?"
Joshua: "it doesn't say so in the Bible."
Me: "well, then I guess he didn't!"
Joshua: "I read the back-story on the devil. He was one of the fallen angels."
Me: "do you know what happened?"
Joshua: "PRIDE. He wanted to be better than everyone, even God."
Me: "that's right."
Joshua: "yeah, God must'a been PREH-TEE MAD at the devil. First, he kicked him out of Heaven...then said, "Annnnnd you got no wife!"

"You turned my wailing into dancing...and clothed me with joy." Psalm 30: 11 

No comments:

Post a Comment