Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Wednesday Night Supper, Choir and Kids Coming Home?

Wednesdays are one of my most favorite days of the week. First of all, there's that whole "hump dayyyyye" thing. Secondly, I love choir and we have rehearsal on Wednesday nights. :)

I took Joshua to Little Rock this morning. His group was going to a military museum, and then was supposed to eat a picnic lunch at the park by the museum. But it turned out to be too hot for the FRIENDS, so they came back to the TR Center to eat.

I spent the morning doing some shopping for my two younger boys. Before I knew it, it was time to go pick up Joshua!

I actually picked him up a little early. I was anxious to get home and have a couple of hours before we had to be at church. Jim decided that we, our family, needed to check out the Wednesday night supper at our church. I'm usually at choir, and then I eat when I get home. Jim and Joshua usually go to the gym, and then pick up dinner on their way home...and Clark eats with them.

Since Clark has moved to college, Jim decided that we needed to change up our schedule, because it's been kind of sad to try and do the same things without him here...we keep thinking he will walk in the door at any minute.

SIDE NOTE: Clark called me today, and it was so great to hear his voice! He was just checking to see if he could bring home a friend from college, and I said, Yes! Your friends are always welcome here!" It made me so happy that, after 2 weeks of college, he is bringing home a friend. They are actually going to the Razorback game on Saturday, but will be here the rest of the time. I CAN'T WAIT.

Clark was telling me about TWIRP week at OBU, which is where the girls ask the guys to stuff, and they have an activity every night of the week. He's kind of being a dud about it, but Faith-the-girlfriend is going to lots of things with her new girlfriends. I told him that I was glad he was having fun, because his Dad and I were sitting in the family room...with the TV off...in dead silence...wondering what is becoming of our lives. Ha. I told him that he'd better be getting all smart there, because we were really missing him.

I really don't think he cares.

So, back to the Wednesday night supper...Holly (who blogged today for the first time in TWO YEARS!) said she would go with us, because Aaron-the-son-in-law works late on Wednesdays. Joshua and I went to pick her up...and we met Jim at church. I don't know what I was thinking...maybe a few older people...a couple of families. NO. The place was PACKED. It took forever to get through the line. By the time we finally sat down, Holly said, "THIS IS SO STRESSFUL."

There were little kids running everywhere and lots of young families. Holly and I discussed the fact that there were so many people there that we didn't know...and ones we had never even seen before!

I think, in the end, we will go back. It's a good thing to stretch ourselves and get out of our comfort zones, right?

Holly and I walked over to choir after we ate, and we had a good time seeing everyone and singing. We are having us some CHURCH on Sunday morning!  We are singing, "When We All Get To Heaven" and "Glorious Day" (Living He Loved Me), and then this older man from choir is singing, "Midnight Cry." I was never a fan of Midnight Cry even back in the day, and I was sure not a fan of busting it out now...but the song is perfect for this man's voice, and I think it's going to be really good.

And the senior adult population at our church is going to go NUTS!

While Holly and I were at choir, Jim and Joshua went to a class at church. Our minister of education is wanting Jim and I to teach or co-teach a class. We are thinking/praying about it to see what will be a good fit and where God wants us to serve.

Tomorrow is Thursday, and then there will be just be one more sleep until I get to see Clark! And Faith! And the friend that Clark is bringing home! I sure am hoping that Logan and Morgan will come visit as well. I want to see them ALL!

"Oh LORD, Your unfailing love fills the earth..." Psalm 119:64

No comments:

Post a Comment