Friday, September 25, 2015

There's No Place Like Home

I've had a good day today. Jim and Joshua went to my in-law's house yesterday, and spent the night. They came home late this afternoon.

I don't mind being by myself during the day. Or even in the evening. But when it's bedtime, I'm not really a fan of staying by myself. But by God's grace, He allowed me to fall asleep easily, and I slept the sleep of the angels.

Until 4 a.m.

And I woke up wide awake.

I was so hoping that I could sleep in this morning. Jim gets up and runs at the crack-of-dawn...about 3 mornings a week. It's so frustrating, because he tries to be quiet...but he's just NOT. And, because it's pitch black dark at 4:30 in the morning, I stay awake and pray that God will protect him and that he'll come home safely.

But, without Jim here, I had hoped to sleep longer. Not today. I guess my body has been jolted from REM sleep one too many times...it just didn't want to "go there."

When I couldn't go to sleep, it occurred to me that maybe God woke me up to pray. I have several on my prayer list who are in serious situations, so I began to pray. And pray and pray and pray. I guess I fell back asleep at some point, because when I woke up again...it was 7:15 and they were talking about the Pope on TV.

Now, I'm not Catholic and I don't pretend to know anything about Catholicism...but a couple of observations by me: the world is trying to make him BIG...and he wants to stay small;. Annnnnd that he is very focused on his mission, which, in his words is "to spread the Gospel of Christ." I know there are lots of theological differences, and I'm not going to debate anything on here. I just want to say that I think we can all learn from his spirit of humbleness, and agree with these words from the Gospel of John: "He must increase and I must decrease." 

Last night, I painted the front side of all of Joshua's bathroom cabinets. This morning, I did laundry and made some of those peanut-butter chewies (with the cornflakes)...and then Holly called and wanted to go to lunch and hang out.

We had a fun day, and then we ended up back at our house until Jim and Joshua came home. And then Aaron-the-son-in-law came over after work, and we ALLLLLL went out to dinner.

Things are quiet here, and I was thinking about having an early night. BUT our son, Logan, and his wife, Morgan, just called to say they are coming home tonight! YAY! I am so excited! Before he hung up, he said, "you don't have to wait up."

Yeah, right. :)

"Good news from far away is like cold water to the thirsty." Proverbs 25:25

No comments:

Post a Comment