Monday, September 14, 2015

A Merry Monday

Merry Monday!

I always send my 3 younger kids a "good morning" text every day. Well, Monday-Friday. Well, if I know they don't have work or school, I won't send them one. If they are having "free" day, they don't need a text from me early in the morning!

I started this back when Holly started to college in 2007. I added Logan and made it a "group text" in 2010, when he started college. I usually just say "Good Morning!" and tell them that I love them and that I'm praying for them. If I know they have a test or project due that day, I will give them some encouraging words. The "rule" is that you have to respond back. Nothing long...just short and sweet.

Clark acted excited about finally getting in "the group" this year, but he is not responding back to me consistently...even after I reminded him. So, I think I'm going to have to put him on probation.

What this would entail...I do not know, because I just thought of it.

And it's not like I'm going to do the silent treatment on him or drop him from the group. I mean, that would totally defeat the purpose of why I started doing this in the first place.

We had a low-key day here today, Joshua and I. I did laundry. I cleaned my kitchen. I rearranged some of the dishes in my cabinets. (yawnnnnn!) We went to our local Wal-Marks.

Speaking of...I have loved seeing pictures on social media...of people buying Pioneer Woman's dishes at WM. But OUR WM? Nothing.

Nada. Zip. Zero.

I don't know if they HAD some of her things and they are all sold out...or if they never had any of them.

Anyway, I plan to keep looking at the other WM stores in my area.

Also, speaking of Pioneer Woman...I made her slow-cooked jalapeno corn tonight, and Jim and Joshua LOVED it. And guess what? I didn't "slow-cook" it. I cooked the corn in the microwave and then I cut it off the cob. And then I put it in a pot on the stove and added all of the other ingredients and cooked it down to the consistency I wanted. AND, since I was making it for just 3 people, I cut down the amounts of the ingredients. I kind-of "eye-balled" it. They loved it, so I guess it turned out okay. I also made her twice-baked potato casserole, and did the same thing. Joshua and I ate it and it was good! Jim ate a sweet potato, because he doesn't think REGULAR potatoes are good for you.

It was so nice this afternoon. Joshua and I sat out on our back patio. I gave him a small container of bubbles, and he blew bubbles for a LONG time. A lot longer than I thought he would. Bubbles are just so fun, tho. He would try to blow them my way, and he would get so tickled if one landed on me. I posted a picture of him on my Facebook and IG (martythemoose).

"For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise..." Psalm 96:4

No comments:

Post a Comment