Monday, September 21, 2015

Monday: Muffins, Tics, and MORE TICKS

I don't really have anything much to report today. It's been a nice and quiet Monday.

I got up and made blueberry muffins, because I know what's good for me. In fact, we were planning on going out for dinner last night, but Jim and I really weren't that hungry. And it doesn't matter if Joshua is hungry or not because IT'S DINNERTIME...WHERE IS MY DINNER?

Jim suggested that we make "breakfast for dinner," and that's what we did. I only had 5 eggs, and Jim used them all. So then I had to result in doing something I try not to ever do: go to the grocery at night. When it's dark.

I'm just not a fan.

Jim said, "I don't have to have an egg in the morning," and I said, "oh, how quickly you forget." Mondays are Muffin Mondays around here, and there will be he** to pay with Joshua if there aren't some muffins for breakfast! So, I followed Clark and Faith up to Kroger, and paid for their gas before they left...and then I ran into Kroger for Orange Juice and eggs.

Really, Joshua would be fine. He is so pleasant most of the time, I could make it okay with him. He wouldn't FORGET it, and he'd bring it up to me and Jim and Jim's MOTHER every.single.day.until.eternity...but he'd be okay with it.

So I made muffins and Joshua was happy...and all the angels sang.

And then I did laundry all day and cleaned up from the weekend...and basically this whole post is even boring to ME.

We had hoped Holly would come over on her day off. Joshua asked, "What's Holly doing today?" and "I thought Holly was coming over today" about 1000 times. No big deal. I've learned to deal with the eye twitches and other nervous tics.

IF I HEAR THAT ONE MORE TIME.

Just kidding.

OH! Speaking of TICKS: my husband just came in here and announced that he pulled yet another TICK from his body.

And I resisted the urge to say, "well, that can't possibly BE...since you said you didn't get ANY TICKS on you."

Because that just wouldn't be nice.

"A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare." Proverbs 15:1

No comments:

Post a Comment