Saturday, September 5, 2015

HOGS WIN! And a link to Joshua's "Potty Yoga" video.

Well, I didn't post anything last night...too busy having fun!

Actually, I have 50 things in my drafts I could post, but...didn't wanna.

We were so excited to have our kids home last night. Logan and Morgan said they wouldn't be able to come this weekend, because Logan had a bunch of studying to do (he's in grad school). We were SO SURPRISED when they walked in the door last night! Holly and Aaron hung out here for a while, but then they went home. And then Clark, and Davis, Clark's friend, came in last night about midnight. I visited with them for a while and then went to bed. When I crawled into bed, I thought, "I AM SO HAPPY!" Jim put his arm on me and I whispered, "I AM SO HAPPY!" He didn't respond, so I don't know if he was awake to hear me or not.

But I was so happy! :)

Jim had already planned on running early this morning, but said he would start breakfast as soon as he got back. I heard him in the kitchen crashing around, and the next thing I know...I heard Logan...and Morgan. And then I heard Clark and Davis talking. WHAT IN THE WORLD? It was 7:30 on a Saturday morning, and everyone was up! Good heavens!

At one point, I heard my dryer open, shut and turn on. I thought, "OH NO HE DIDN'T!" This ain't my first rodeo, and I knew exactly what was going on. I went into the laundry room and saw Clark's laundry bag in the middle of the floor. I had asked him to bring home his laundry this weekend, and he said, "are you sure?" I said, "yes." He said, "well, I didn't want to burden you with it." (AWWWW...) I told him it wasn't a burden if I ASK him to bring it home. Anyway, half of his clothes were strewn all over the floor, and the other half of his clothes were in still in the laundry bag.

mmmmm.mmmmm...you know what happened, don't you?

That little rat-fink had dug around IN HIS DIRTY LAUNDRY BAG for a pair of shorts to wear to the Razorback game...and then he had thrown them into the dryer WITH A LOAD OF MY CLEAN TOWELS. When I first asked him about it, he tried to deny it...but when he finally fessed up, he said, "well...THOSE SHORTS REALLY WEREN'T DIRTY."

WHAT?

Jim was trying to get breakfast ready quickly, so that the boys could eat before they had to leave. They were going to the Razorback game in Fayetteville with Davis' parents. So I was making the gravy, and Jim was frying bacon and ham. He was getting eggs ready to cook. He said, "the biscuits are almost done."

Last night, I set out the pan for the biscuits, and put two cans of biscuits FRONT AND CENTER in the frig so they would be easy for Jim to find: one large can, and one small can. Jim said, "I made that small can of biscuits...is that what you wanted me to do?" I said, "you only made the SMALL can?"  He said, "yes...will 5 biscuits be enough?"

I may or may not have slow-blinked him at this point, because ARE YOU KIDDING ME? There are 7 people in my house right now...and he just asked me if a can of 5 "jr" biscuits would be enough for all of us for breakfast.

No. No, it will not.

But we let the two boys eat first while we cooked more biscuits. And then everyone was able to eat breakfast before Davis' parents got here.

A little before 9 a.m., the doorbell rang and his parents came in. We had never met these people before. I was in my PJ Salvage, lime green, flannel pajammies with the owls on them...and my pink pig slippers. Half of my hair was pulled up on my head and the rest of it was hanging down ever-which-a-way. We had blankets on all of the furniture, bc we are now blanket people like my in-laws. My house smelled like bacon...and coffee.

Joshua heard the commotion, and came down the stairs. He was wearing a tank top and warm-up pants. Davis' dad is a radiologist, and he was very quiet. He was standing still, but his eyes were nervously looking around...like he thought we had a secret cat that might jump out on him at any time.

We had a great day today. We went over to Holly and Aaron's house to watch the Razorback game. That was fun. Then we packed up and came home. Holly and Aaron came over to our house, and we all watched the Aggie's game (which, they not only blew the door off of Arizona State, they won in the uniform contest bc the Sun Devils? STRUGGLE BUS) (or maybe that's just me). Jim ordered pizza and it was a great night.

About 9:30 pm, Clark walked in the door. He said, "Davis' parents want to come in and say good-bye before they leave. We jumped up and started pulling blankets off of the furniture. Clark said, "STOP...everyone act normal."

WHAT?

They came in and we talked for a while. They are super nice. At one point, Davis' Dad used our bathroom, which is the bathroom right outside of Logan and Morgan's bedroom. After they left, we just looked around our family room area...blankets, pillows, kids, Holly and Aaron's dog...pizza boxes on the kitchen bar, cups everywhere. Jim and I said, "they probably wonder what in the WORLD is with our family."

Adding insult to injury, Holly was sitting on the couch snickering. She said, "not to embarrass you even more, but I just walked by the bathroom, and Logan's BOXERS are on the middle of the floor from when he took his shower."

SERIOUSLY?

"AND," she continued, "his mouth-care products (he just had his wisdom teeth out 2 weeks ago) AND THE SYRINGE HE USES TO RINSE OUT HIS SOCKETS...is on the bathroom counter."

I bet they couldn't wait to get out of here and lather themselves in hand sanitizer.

And, you know, Clark and Davis just met each other a couple of weeks ago. Their friendship has had a good run...right?

"Many will say they are loyal friends, but who can find one who is truly reliable?" Proverbs 20:6

*Also...posted the "potty yoga" video on my Facebook page if you can't see it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment