Saturday, August 29, 2015

Clark's First Weekend Home, New Pastor Reception, and Sharing My Kids

So, last night, Clark and Faith-the-girlfriend came home! Well, Clark came to OUR home, and Faith went to HER home with her parents.

We were SO excited to see them! Faith's parents had something planned for last night, so she ate dinner with us...WHICH I LOVED. We decided to bring home Chinese food. Holly and Aaron came over, and we all sat around the table and talked while we ate. We got to hear all about their classes and their roommates and the activities they are doing and the new friends they are making and how they are adjusting.

This afternoon, we had a reception for our potential new pastor at our church. We only got to talk with him for about 10 seconds, but then we all went into the sanctuary and he shared his heart with everyone...and it was pretty much awesome. I am excited about him coming to our church.

I really wanted to take out the list Joshua wrote and ask the new guy if he had all of those qualities. "Are you bold? Are you faithful? Do you have a heart for kids?"

After that, we planned on going to dinner. Clark decided to eat with Faith's family, since she had eaten with us last night, and I DID.NOT.LIKE.IT.AT.ALL.

I think I have a problem with sharing.

As in...I'm not a fan.

But, I smiled and waved and said, "have fun!" as he left. And then I may or may not have said, "come home in 5 minutes." And then Jim, Joshua and I went to dinner.

Tomorrow, the potential new pastor will preach in-view-of-a-call in both services. And there will be a vote after each service...and the results will be announced after they are tallied after the late service. This is the main reason Clark and Faith came home...to meet this guy and to vote on him tomorrow.

And then I guess they will load up after lunch sometime and head back down to college. My emotions are on a roller-coaster these days, but that's okay. These mommy growing pains pull and stretch me in ways I never could've imagined.

In these times, and in every time...I am thankful for a God Who never changes.

"He is your constant source of stability..." Isaiah 33:6

No comments:

Post a Comment