Sunday, August 2, 2015

Tax Free Weekend

So, all I've heard around here is "tax-free weekend." There have been ads in the paper and on TV...and social media is full of people commenting about what they are going to buy this weekend.

I realize my kids are all older now, and this isn't quite as big of a deal as it used to be. It's been a while since I've even thought about buying school supplies on tax-free weekend, because our kids have been in college, nursing school, etc...and I've been more focused on still having money left at the end of the month to, you know...eat.

KIDDING. But, really.

Plus, I keep a cabinet at our house just for school supplies. With older kids, this mainly consists of various sizes of binders, notebook paper, dividers...and all kinds of pens, pencils, highlighters...and index cards.

But Clark is starting to college this month, and he needs quite a few back-to-school things...not just for class, but for his dorm room. And, Logan is starting grad school this month as well. We did order their textbooks yesterday, so there's that. We are also looking to buy them each a laptop or an ipad. Since that's gonna be quite a bit of money, I thought maybe we could get a deal on tax-free weekend.

And, ya know? I don't blog every day. Some days, there's just not that much to say...and then other days...material just falls out of the sky and into my lap.

Because, I googled "lisit of tax exempt items in Arkansas," and then I spent the next 30 minutes going, WHAT THE WHAT?

Here are a few of the items listed that are EXEMPT from sales tax this weekend:

*aprons
*suspenders
*garter belts
*beach capes
*rubber pants

(Which, I googled "beach capes" and it sent me to beaches...on capes. Like, Cape Cod)

Here are a few of the items listed that are NOT EXEMPT from sales tax this weekend:

*COMPUTERS
*bedding
*pretty much every other thing a college student would need for their dorm room

Side note: also not included: monogrammed decals for your car window.

I know. That would be ridiculous...what am I saying?

I'll just use my garter belt to hold up my rubber pants and run out on the beach with my cape on.

"We were filled with laughter, and we sang for joy..." Psalm 126:2

No comments:

Post a Comment