Thursday, August 20, 2015

Taking Clark to College (Part 1)

Well, we did it. We took our baby boy, our 4th child, to college. We left our home at 8:15 this morning, and pulled back into our driveway about 12 hours later.

I am too tired to process all the feels...maybe tomorrow.

But for tonight, let me just say that I'm kind of sick of hearing people say that I shouldn't feel sad about taking Clark to college. I don't "get" this any more than they don't "get" the blubbering mess that is me.

But, "they" don't know that I almost lost him twice in pregnancy; that he was born prematurely at 27 weeks, 4 days; that he spent 7 1/2 long weeks in the NICU at Baptist, growing...and learning to breathe.

"They" don't know that, at age 2, a malignant mass was found growing in his abdomen; that he had surgery to remove it, along with part of his liver; that he endured 4 rounds of chemo.

"They" don't know about those anxious appointments with the oncologist every month (that are now just once a year)...for the past 17 years.

So EXCUSE ME if I shed a few tears. You do you...I'll do me.

I am happy, sad, proud and grateful for this boy, and so excited to see where this new chapter of life takes him. He is ready.

Life is hard...but God is good...and I have been overwhelmed by His faithfulness in EVERY circumstance.

"Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies." Psalm 36:5

No comments:

Post a Comment