Saturday, November 1, 2014

That Time My 18 Year Old Son Asked Me About Marital Fulfillment. OR: How I Fell Over Dead

Several things about today:

* Logan was here all day so...LOVE! I expected him to sleep until 9:30 or so. He is a huge fan of professional soccer. Last night, he told us he would be watching a game that started at 10. Well, about 8:30, he jumped in the shower while Jim and I fixed breakfast. He walked into the kitchen, dressed for the day, wearing this Harry Potter lookin' scarf. It is so funny. He wears it for every soccer game. Ten points for Gryffindor! 

* Jim, Clark and Faith ran in a 5K this morning and all 3 did GREAT! The weather was sunny and COLD! Brrrrr! I went and cheered them on. It was really fun!

* All four kids were here most of the day. I was so HAPPY!

* All four kids, plus Aaron-the-son-in-law and Faith, joined us for dinner. So FUN! We ate at David's Burgers. We had to sit at two tables for 4. The "big kids" sat at one table, and Jim and I sat at the table with Clark and Faith. And then we had to beat it back to the house because Arkansas was kicking off against Mississippi State at 6:15...and Aaron-the-son-in-law was about to lose his mind until we got in the car to head home.

* Joshua picked up Holly's little Yorkie, and accidentally pinched the skin under one of his "arms." Marley yelped, and Joshua said, "Marley is so excited to see me...he SQUEALED!"

* Holly got her craft on and made me something CUTE! Logan saw it, sent a picture of it to Morgan...and now she wants Holly to make her something cute, too!

*Joshua say he doesn't want to live until he's 50 because of the Metamucil.

* Annnnnd...my 18 year old son asked me if I thought Jim and I would experience "more marital fulfillment" after he goes to college next year. And I...uhhhh...I...uhhhhhhhhhh...

[drops mic and walks away]

Because I.can't.even.

"...a sensible person keeps quiet." Proverbs 11:12

No comments:

Post a Comment