Friday, October 31, 2014

Friday, October 31, 2014, Halloween

What an AWESOME day!

I send my daughter, Holly, and son, Logan, a text every morning. Holly is married and in nursing school, and Logan is married and lives in another town. I started this back when Holly was in school at Ouachita Baptist University. She was trying to be all independent, and I remember telling her, "I just want to hear from you first thing every morning...and last thing at night." Her first year, she wasn't too good at it...but she got better over time. Now, I will text them both in the mornings, and they typically respond back quickly. Some days, it's the only communication I have with Logan, and that's okay. I just want to touch base. Usually, it's just a "good morning, I love you" type of thing. Sometimes I'll send a Scripture verse, or let them know that I'm praying for them.

On Thursday morning, I texted both of them...it's a group text with both of them and the last thing I said was, "Logan, come home...we miss you." And then Holly chimed in, "yes, Logan...come home!"

We didn't hear from Logan until 7 p.m. last night when he typed, "okay, then...I WILL!"

It was late when they got to Morgan's Mom's house last night, so he decided to stay there with them. He drove up here this morning and has been here all day. IT HAS BEEN AWESOME!

Y'all who have younger kids...I'll just tell you...when they go off to college, it feels like your heart is gonna rip right out of your chest. Or, it did for me. And when two of mine got married...well, it's HARD and everything changes. Not that that is a bad thing at all. I just never get enough time with them after that. We are just so thankful to be able to live in the same town as Holly and Aaron. I love getting to see her often. And, I mean, I understand...leave and cleave and all of that. I just really miss Logan. And I miss his influence in our family with his siblings.

We were all thankful to have him here today. Morgan stayed at her Mom's house and helped her Mom paint some furniture and do some things around their house...and then went trick-or-treating with her little cousins. Joshua and Logan were here this morning. Holly and Aaron came over this afternoon. Holly didn't have class today, and Aaron took the day off. Jim took half of the day off. Clark got home at 4...and Joshua was here all day. Clark's girlfriend and Joshua's girlfriend each had plans tonight, so they couldn't come over.

I love, love, LOVE having a full house. I love my son-in-law, and my daughter-in-law...and the two girlfriends of my other sons. I love it when EVERYONE is here, but today...we've had a great, fun day as a family. My rat-fink children...that I gave birth to and love with all my heart...all sat around the table after Clark got home from school, having snacks and playing this little game called "let's call out MOM on all the things she didn't let us do/say/listen to...and places we weren't allowed to go."

It's as fun for me as you can imagine.

EXCEPT NOT. 

The boys played BAGGO outside. We ordered pizza for dinner and I did one of my favorite things: passed out candy to the little kids. LOVE THAT. Don't really love the older teens or the ADULTS who come by and ask for candy...but I figure things must be really tough if this is what makes them happy.

And having all these boys here? Well, it's as loud as you can imagine, and I love it. Right now, Logan and Clark are playing some sort of video game and yelling and yee-hawin' like you wouldn't believe.

Today has been one of the days I will hide in my heart and remember forever. We didn't really do anything, but we were all together.

My heart is full. :)

"The Lord strengthens and protects me; I trust in Him with all my heart. I am rescued and my heart is full of joy; I will sing to Him in gratitude." Psalm 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment