Monday, October 6, 2014

OBU Homecoming 2014

We had such a great weekend.

I wrote previously about Clark and his girlfriend, Faith, going to Ouachita Baptist University for a campus visit. Holly and I drove down for Tiger Tunes, and we got to see them briefly during intermission...and then we didn't see them after that.

After the TT performance, Clark went to a college worship service called "REFUGE." It started at 10:40 p.m. Holly and I were well on our way home by 10:40 p.m. Ha! Clark met up with the guy he was staying with, and, according to Faith, "had the best night of his life."

That made me so happy. I just knew that he and this guy would hit it off, and they did. He said they stayed up talking for a really long time. They are like-minded and have similar goals.

Faith chose to skip REFUGE to hang out in her friend's dorm and get a good night's sleep. I was really proud of them for doing their own thing. I was kind of afraid that they would be stuck like glue and go to everything and do everything...together.

On Friday, they each sat in on classes...and then went to a session to meet up with department heads and advisors. Faith got finished first, and wandered around campus...ending up in a building "just to look around." It's a building that, if she went to OBU, would be home to many of her classes. She ended up running into one of the professors, and she talked with her for a long time...and helped her figure out a potential schedule.

Coincidence? I think not.

By this time, they had missed lunch with the group, so they decided to grab lunch at a Mexican place before heading out. And then they headed straight to my in-law's house at the lake.

Here at home, Joshua and I waited on Jim to come home from work. He took the afternoon off and we headed down to his parent's lake house, to meet up with Clark and Faith, and stay the night. I figured that when we walked in, Clark would be crashed out asleep on one couch, and Faith would be crashed out asleep on the other...but they were sitting up and talking with my mother-in-law...all excited to tell her about their day.

I heard Clark say, "you might see a lot more of the two of us next year..." and that's how Marty died.

FROM HAPPINESS.

And, no, I did not graduate from OBU. I wish. I had to get married...not had to, had to...but the I.am.so.in.love.with.this.boy HAD to. I ended up transferring to Henderson State University after we married (right across the street), and Jim and I graduated together. :)

And, we talked about it the other day...even knowing what we know now, we'd do it all over again...because we realized a long time ago that we are better together than we ever were apart.

Anyway, it's still kind of early in Clark's college decision process, and there are lots of things to work out...but it was a very positive experience for both of them...in different ways.

We spent the night with my in-laws on Friday. I will be writing a whole post (or three) on that experience. We got up on Saturday to head back to Ouachita for the Homecoming game. Ouachita just built a new stadium at OBU. It is named after Cliff Harris, a former Ouachita and NFL football player (Dallas Cowboys). It is so awesome...especially for this small school. I was so excited to see it!

We got to see a lot of our friends at the game. Two friends had daughters in Homecoming. How is that even possible?

WE.ARE.OLD.

Thankful for a really fun day.

"Seek His will in all you do,  and He will show you which path to take." Proverbs 3:6

2 comments:

  1. I have been reading your posts for a while - I think I started when you linked up to Kelly's Korner Special Needs post. LOVE your stories!! I didn't realize how much I enjoyed them until I found myself praying for Clark and Faith as I read just now. :) Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so touched and humbled by your comment. Thank you SO MUCH for your prayers. Nothing means more to me than to have my kids living God's will...instead of mine. Thank you so much for reading...and for investing in the lives of my children with your prayers. :)

      Delete