Saturday, October 11, 2014

Links: October 11, 2014 Edition

Spent the day watching football. So happy to see Mississippi State win. I can just imagine how excited Sophie-my-pretend-internet friend was today! HAIL STATE!

And then we were alllllll ready for the Arkansas game. And then the game started. And then Marty died.

Because HOW MANY TIMES CAN WE GET TO THE END-ZONE BEFORE HALF-TIME AND NOT SCORE? And two missed INT. And our kicking game? Don't get me started.

I have to keep reminding myself that THEY ARE JUST KIDS.

I love the pre-game talk and all of the running convos we keep going during the game on social media...to a point. Because how many of us women have ever been out on the field and carried a football for even one down? Not me. And how many of us say that they "could'a, should'a, would'a" done it this way or that? But COULD they? Could YOU? Have YOU ever been in the huddle?

I haven't.

But I had a couple of sons who played football...and I've seen how quickly a kid can go from hero to zero.

Or the other way around.

And, all of these boys out there? They have Mamas or Grandmamas or Aunties...who love them and support them. And I just know their hearts must break at every negative word they hear spoken...or every mean tweet they read...about their boys.

I wanted the Hogs to win...OH MAN, I did. But we didn't win. In fact, we gave the game away. And it's not one person's fault...because they are a TEAM. Win or lose. A team of KIDS.

Here are just a few links from the past week or so.

The power of friendship...the power of prayer...this from Shay Shull. Love.

October is Pastor Appreciation Month. Here are a few ways to honor the pastors in YOUR church.

When I was a little girl...and up until I was a young Mom...I let fear chase me. Here is a great post from Lysa Terkeurst on how you don't have to live afraid.

"A word spoken at the right time is like gold apples on a silver tray." Proverbs 25:11

No comments:

Post a Comment