Saturday, October 18, 2014

Oh, Razorbacks...You're Killing Me!

We've had a great weekend so far. On Friday night, we "hanged around" (Joshua's words) until around 6 o'clock, and then went out for dinner. When we got home, Holly and Aaron came over, and we sat around and talked. When the doorbell rang, I figured it was Clark's girlfriend, Faith. I opened the door to see Logan and Morgan standing there!

SO, SO HAPPY!

Apparently, Morgan suggested that they come home and see us...since Logan's birthday is mid-week this week and we wouldn't get to be with him.

We stayed up way late visiting and catching up. I could hear Clark and Logan talking and laughing long after I went to bed, and I cannot tell you how happy it made me.

You just have no idea.

Or maybe you do.

Jim got up early to run, and came back and made a big breakfast for everyone. I took Morgan and Holly out shopping, while the guys stayed at home. Then we all had lunch, and Morgan left to go see her family for the night...and Logan stayed here. They made the comment that it was the first night they were spending apart since their wedding in May. Everybody say, "awwww." I offered to take Logan to meet up with Morgan later tonight, so that they can stay together at her parent's house...but he said it was fine.

Logan and Clark pretty much spent the day together, which was AWESOME. Aaron and Joshua watched the Razorback game together, and played BAGGO outside, which was AWESOME. That Aaron and Joshua hung out together was awesome. The Razorback game was most definitely NOT awesome. Holly was able to get her studying done, which was AWESOME.

The kids were all in the kitchen talking and laughing. They were telling stories and singing and Logan and Clark were using their pretend light-sabers to slash each other. I know, touching...right? But I don't know...I thought my heart would burst. Jim and I have enjoyed everyone being here so much!

I'm here to tell all the Mommies out there...you know those days when you just want a minute to yourself? When you wish you could shower alone or, God forbid, go potty without everyone watching? When you wish you could run to the store at a moment's notice without bringing everyone, or without making sure that your husband...or a babysitter...was around to keep the kids?

Well, those days are coming for you, probably. Eventually. And do you know what?

You're gonna miss the noise.

"The godly walk with integrity; blessed are their children who follow them" Proverbs 20:7

No comments:

Post a Comment