Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sophie

Every once in a while, I come across something that impacts me greatly. A book, a song, encouraging words, a blog post, a link someone sends me.

This happened yesterday. Someone sent me the link to Sophie Hudson's talk at the ALLUME conference. I watched the entire thing with tears streaming down my face. I would stop and rewind and watch parts over and over again, saying, "yes, Lord...yes."

It's THAT good.

She talked about our responsibility as bloggers and friends and Christians. She quoted from a Matt Chandler sermon: as Believers, "we are called to love each other with brotherly affection, and to out-do one another in honor." This was taken right out of Romans 12:10. She based most of her talk on the truths in this passage, and how it relates to blogging and ministry and taking care of each other.

I could go on and on, but just listen to it...if you have time. It's a little over 45 minutes long, but well worth it.

This video...scroll down to where it says Sophie Hudson.

The next thing that happened is that I bought Chris Tomlin's, "Love Ran Red" CD and I love it. LOVE IT.

And then I got some words of encouragement from two different people...all in one day.

Our words matter.

I'm just gonna leave it at that for today.

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11

No comments:

Post a Comment