Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Punkin Patch, Rental Car and Meditation

Joshua's Therapeutic Recreation group went to the punkin patch today, and it was the perfect fall day.

They got to see baby pigs and goats, and they got to go on a hayride. They climbed on hay bales and ate a picnic lunch. They had a great time.

It's so funny because I remember taking my kids to the punkin patch when they were younger...and then, when they started school, they would go every year on a field trip. And every one of them, except for Joshua, would choose the biggest, heaviest pumpkin known to man. I would usually have to recruit someone to help me carry the thing to the car.

But Joshua, my practical one, he would always choose the small ones. The smallest one he could find.

So, today, as predicted, he got a tiny pumpkin. So cute.

I also got a rental car yesterday...it's taking some getting used to. I had to take my vehicle in because of a recall. I told Jim that I wanted the biggest, nicest, fanciest rental vehicle they had...because, you know, I'm so fancy. I wouldn't even mind driving a truck.

They gave me a small car.

AND I AM VERY THANKFUL FOR THE CAR, don't get me wrong...but with my bad back, I just prefer climbing up into a vehicle instead of lowering myself down into one. Plus, ever since I was hit full-on in the side by someone who wasn't paying attention (years ago), I have preferred bigger vehicles. I was not hurt in my wreck, and I'm convinced it's because I was driving a big, old Suburban. It was pretty much like driving a tank.

Anyway, we got in the rental car today, and Joshua listed three things he likes about the rental car:

1. more wider trunk
2. more clearer back-up screen
3. Logan's birthday on the license plate

I also learned this morning that Joshua has started practicing meditation.

I know, right? WHO KNEW?

He said that he is doing it in the bathtub at night. I asked him what he thinks about when he is meditating. He said, "nothing." I said, "well, you're thinking about SOMETHING, aren't you?" He said, "well, inner peace and strength."

Anybody see the Everybody Loves Raymond episode where Robert joins the cult, the "Inner Path?"

"The path is straight. And the children of the path shall walk along it straightly on it's straighty straightness."

And Robert tried to get Ray to go with him, and Ray said something like, "no way...what if they drug me and I wake up chained to a goat?"

And Frank said, "you just described my wedding."

HAHAHAHAHAHA...

So I said to Joshua, "well, the BIBLE says, "I can do all things through Christ...who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

Joshua said, "well, THAT'S obvious."

I said, "what is obvious?" He said, "that GOD said it." And he used his "air quotes" over the word "said."

He continued: "well, God had to TELL someone to write it down...fiscally (physically). But it was His words."

By George, I think he's got it.

"Then he said, “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven." Matthew 18:3

2 comments:

  1. When my oldest started kindergarten, he came home telling me how they would meditate every day. Which freaked me out a little bit! Basically, the teacher would have them sit cross-legged on the rug, with their hands placed on their knees, palms up. We ended up memorizing Psalm 1 (which talks about meditating on God's law) and I encouraged Evan to meditate with some purpose. :) *This is Deborah, I think I'm signed in as my husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Deborah! That's a GREAT idea! Altho, the past couple of days, when I've tried to link what Joshua is telling me to a Bible verse or truth, he will say, "well, THAT's obvious!" Ha! I don't think he really understands the concept of meditation, but if it helps to center him "fiscally" (physically)...and focuses his mind on the Word of God...I'm all for it! :)

      Delete