Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Breath Spray, Pinnacle Mountain and Lake Drama

So, let's see...what all happened today.

Oh, yeah. Joshua's group from Therapeutic Recreation, went to Pinnacle Mountain and walked the base trail. Last night, when he was telling us about it, Jim asked, "are y'all climbing to the top?" Joshua looked at him and said in his best "Fred voice" (the voice Joshua uses when he comments on something that is so obvious)..."we can't climb to the top! We have (takes his hand and begins to count off on his fingers) Marcy and Taylor and Jackie...they can't walk!"

That Jim...he is SO funny.

On the way to Little Rock today, it was sooo foggy! Every morning, when we cross over the Arkansas River, we always look to the right to see Pinnacle Mountain. Joshua always comments on it, like, "I can see Pinnacle!" or something like that. Today, we couldn't even see the RiVER! Or the other side of the river that was RIGHT IN FRONT OF US.

We did see a car that passed us with an "I (heart) my dog" sticker on it. Joshua said, "that reminds me of Mr. Dan." I asked him why and he said, "because he used to have an "I (heart) my wife" sticker on his car." I was pretty proud of myself for not asking Joshua how those two stickers were even connected, being that Mr. Dan's wife is a HUMAN...and not a dog...but I let it go.

It was around this point that Jenni started texting Joshua. She texted, "I hope you brought your mouth spray." My first thought was that she thinks Joshua has bad breath. ROO. My second thought was that Joshua only has bad breath when he is out of mouth spray, and I think I've already stated that I don't want to live in a world where Joshua is EVER out of mouth spray. I asked Joshua why Jenni was saying that and he said, "ohhhh...she didn't have time to brush her teeth this morning."

I just HAD to ask, didn't I?

I also about threw up in my mouth.

The FRIENDS had a great time at Pinnacle. After their walk, they ate their picnic lunches. Then, everyone came back to the Center to paint the pumpkins they got last week at the pumpkin patch.

I picked up Joshua and we headed home. On the way, Joshua called my mother-in-law on the phone. He does this EVERY Tuesday and Thursday, to give her a detailed update of his day. And he calls her at straight-up 1 p.m. every Sunday, whether we are finished with lunch or not. He will just get up from the table and head upstairs. Don't try to mess up his schedule. It will not go well for you.

Today, they were chit-chatting as I drove...and apparently there was what Joshua is calling, "Lake Drama." It involved my father-in-law, who thinks he owns the lake and all the fish that are IN the lake...and a random fisherman (or maybe more than one) who happened to be in my father-in-law's fishing spot when my father-in-law came across the lake. Not saying it was intentional...the man may have been completely innocent in the situation, especially if he is under the notion that God made the lake and God made the fish.

Can I get an AMEN?

Because apparently there were some words.

Not saying what, because I don't know for sure. My father-in-law tends to exaggerate A LOT in order to get a reaction from my mother-in-law or the grandchildren. My mother-in-law told Joshua about it during their phone conversation, and Joshua said, "Papaw needs to set a good example...there's no need for a bad temper." And apparently my mother-in-law said something along the line of, "well, that's what happens when you get old," because Joshua said, "I KNOW he's old, Mammaw...I've SEEN him. That's still no excuse!"

I'm hoping it wasn't as bad as it sounds, because one thing I do suspect is that this might've been a situation that required my father-in-law to, in his words, "say his Sunday School lesson backwards."

Oh MY.

I'm just sure this story will get repeated tomorrow at Therapeutic Recreation!

"Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person." Colossians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment