Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Best Day-Christmas Pix at the Old Mill

Today has been the best day. And I wasn't sure that it would be. 

I started off the morning kind of groggy. We'd spent 8 hours in the car on Saturday, going to Tulsa AND BACK...and I was just tired. But I got myself up and around, and got ready for SS and church. So glad that I did, because it was great!

We had a special choir rehearsal this afternoon from 1-3, and I was pretty excited about it. We are having an orchestra with our musical, and today was the first day to practice with everyone from the orchestra and the choir all together. I stayed an hour and only got to hear 2 songs, but it sounded awesome!

I left after an hour and booked it home. We had planned on taking our family Christmas pictures this week, and this was the only day we could all get together and have some day-light to take them. I was a little stressed at how it would all go...because we were coming from different directions and meeting in one place.

We left here at 2:30 and headed to pick up Joshua's Jenni in North Little Rock. We had decided to try and take the pictures at the Old Mill, because it is very close to her house. And because Logan and Morgan were going back to their home, and NLR is on the way. Clark and Faith rode with us, and Holly and Aaron met us there.

The Old Mill did not disappoint. SO pretty. AND, apparently a good place to, in the words of my husband: "smoke a doobie." Like he would even know what that is. But he said it like that, trying to be all cool, I guess, and all of our boys cracked up. There was a girl out there who was smokin' somethin', but we didn't let her distract us from our fun!

Holly had requested that we all wear "natural" colors. Or maybe it was "neutrals." I don't even know. I can't keep it straight. Whatever means cream, brown and tan.

You know what I don't have any of? Cream, brown and tan.

And then, even tho I had been telling the kids for a MONTH OR MORE what Holly wanted us to all wear, and she was sending us pictures of examples from Pinterest...Logan only brought PLAID SHIRTS home with him. Seriously?

Like I have any room to talk.

I had gotten a brown shirt for Joshua and some brown khakis for Clark. I bought Holly this tulle skirt that was precious. Wish I could pull off that look. I spent the week looking for something I could get that would "go" and that I liked...but didn't have any luck. And Morgan had said she would look for something for Logan, but they never got around to it. HENCE: THE PLAID.

In the end, Logan wore a checked shirt that was just fine with everyone else because it had a neutral background. Or maybe it was a natural background. And I wore my chambray shirt, because that's all the neutral I had. Crud. NATURAL. It was all the "natural" I had. And, FYI, blue isn't even natural, unless you count the sky. Or a bird.

Whatever.

Jenni wore BRIGHT RED because I didn't think it was fair to include her in our family's weird idiosyncrasies, so I didn't tell her mom that she had to wear a specific color pallet. Everyone else wore what they were supposed to...and it looked GREAT! Those colors were so pretty with the outside background we had.

Thank you, Holly...YOU WERE RIGHT.

And then we all went to eat at Carino's...at 4:30 in the afternoon...and it.was.awesome! We just regretted not having Jim's parents with us like last year. My mother-in-law would've LOVED being there.

I have the sweetest family. They were all so kind to Joshua and Jenni. As usual.

Aaron-the-son-in-law, who is also the Joshua-whisperer, ended up sitting at the end of the table, right in front of Joshua and Jenni...and I think they pretty much talked his head off. He has the patience of Job.

I am thankful that everyone was flexible today. I hope we got some good shots we can use for our Christmas card!

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, we must get rid of every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and run with endurance the race set out for us..." Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment