Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday: Matching With Holly

Not much went on around here today. Jim was off from work, and it was nice having him home. He worked around the house...ran errands. Real exciting stuff.

I, on the other hand...well, I didn't do much of anything, either. Laundry and more laundry. Changed the sheets. Painted some glaze on my bathroom cabinets and almost gave myself an aneurysm from the fumes. UGH.

Holly and I went out and shopped a little bit. She and Aaron had some "thing" they had to attend tonight, and I helped her choose some clothes to wear.

Funny thing. We dress alike ALL the time. Unintentionally. I pulled up at her house today to pick her up. I was wearing jeans, navy and white checked shirt, black monogrammed puffer vest and my mustard yellow scarf. Holly came walking out of her house wearing jeans, navy and white checked shirt, a black and white puffer vest...AND HER MUSTARD YELLOW SCARF.

Seriously.

Leave it to Sheaffer to bridge the age gap with cuteness.

Holly and I go to choir dressed alike or similar all the time...and the choir people don't really know quite what to think. One lady said, "so are you guys...ummm...CO-WORKERS or something?" And Holly and I got tickled later because we now think that "co-workers" might be code for "life-partner" or something.

We laughed all the way home...all while wearing our Hunter boots and our Old Navy plaid shirts. :)

So, driving in town today, we passed a guy from choir, and he just stared at us. Holly and I started laughing because we could just hear him thinking, "MAN...those two CO-WORKERS are together ALL THE TIME!"

At the shoe store, Holly and I both liked the same black booties.

(SHOES, PEOPLE)

We ended up getting different ones, but we talked about how no one would be surprised if we came into choir practice wearing matching shoes!

Tonight, our school's football team was playing our FORMER school's football team. We talked about driving down there, but changed our minds at the last minute. Clark had worked the blood drive at his school from 7:45 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. He basically stood on his feet the entire time, and didn't even take a lunch break! We went out for dinner and came right back home. We all changed into our comfy clothes, and watched the game on live-stream.

And now...my bed and my clean sheets are calling me.

"I will lie down and sleep peacefully, for You, Lord, make me safe and secure." Psalm 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment