Sunday, November 2, 2014

Links For You, November 2, 2014 Edition

After a fun weekend and a whirlwind Sunday, we are having a quiet night.

As I sit and type this, it's 7 p.m. and I'm exhausted. It feels like it should be 10 p.m. What in the WORLD? I thought the extra hour of sleep I got last night would make me feel more energetic, but all I want to do is go to bed.

We had Sunday School and church today. And then I had Christmas Choir practice from 1-3 p.m. And then we had a meeting at church tonight at 5.

Yesterday, Holly started getting her craft on. She doesn't have a lot of time these days for anything but studying, but she took a break and painted the cutest board for me. And she painted something for Morgan-the-daughter-in-law. Clark's girlfriend, Faith, came over this afternoon. When she saw what Holly painted, she wanted in on the action. Jim keeps stacks of wood out in the garage...cut into various shapes and sizes. Faith went out there and chose a couple she liked, came inside and got started.

My kitchen now looks like Clinton's Craft Corner. Paint, brushes, wood,  sandpaper, paint pens, etc.

I love it!

Here are a few links that I enjoyed reading this week. Maybe you will, too!

Let HIS light shine in you...this post.

"In puffy coats and matching nothing..." this post made me cry.

This, by Emily Freeman, on letting Jesus speak to you through the words and hands of others.

This, because we can't do it all.

And this, just for fun, because Kelly's Korner was the very first blog I ever read. Like in my whole life. Someone sent the link to me as a prayer request, because her daughter, Harper, was born with complications. I prayed for Harper (she's fine now), and have read and followed her family for the past 5 years. It's been so fun to see God work in their family. His ways are higher than our ways!

"God thunders with His voice in marvelous ways; He does great things beyond our understanding." Job 37:5

No comments:

Post a Comment