Friday, November 21, 2014

Dazzle Daze and Links 11.21.14

It's been a great day! Holly was off from nursing school, and so we went to a little Women's Event in our town called, "Dazzle Daze." Lots of vendors from around the state set up booths in at building out at our fairgrounds. We saw lots of pretty things!

Then, we went to lunch...and did more shopping around town. It was a cold and rainy day, but we had a blast! I took her home so that she could do some paperwork for her classes, and I came home and hit the ground running. I heard from Logan and Morgan about when they are going to be able to come here...and so I just have to make sure all of the other kids can come on that day. Around here, we celebrate holidays whenever everyone can be here...it doesn't have to be on the exact day. We didn't celebrate Thanksgiving on the exact day last year, and we won't celebrate it on the exact day this year.

And that's okay.

I've been working my tail off in my house all afternoon. I have to be verrrrry careful with my back, and unfortunately I've been up on ladders and chairs and things like that...I am already feelin' the pain. Ugh.

But, the good news is that I have one Christmas tree up! It's not decorated, but I put all the lights on it. Holly said she would come over tomorrow and put the mesh on it for me. I am thankful for a tall, helpful daughter!

I'm also really, really thankful for my Dad. Four years ago, he had a heart attack...and he survived. I am very thankful for his presence and influence in my life.

On this rainy day, I thought I would send a little love with these links:

When Slaying the Giant is Only the Beginning...this.

I thought this from Edie was so sweet. Maybe you had someone in your life like this...maybe you ARE someone like this.

When the world seems neither glorious nor free, this.

Maybe a better way to get unexpected news. I shared this with Holly. Since she is almost done with nursing school, I thought it might be really helpful for her to read this. Honestly, it's probably a good read for all of us...for those situations when we really aren't sure what to say.

And, finally, if you ever feel lonely...read this. "You aren't set aside. You are set apart."

Have a great weekend and stay dry! :)

"He gives rain to the earth and sends water to the fields." Job 5:10

No comments:

Post a Comment