Saturday, November 15, 2014

Links For You 11.15.14 And An ARKANSAS Win!

Well, I had another post all ready to go, but I decided to save it....because today is a day that will live in infamy. The Arkansas Razorbacks just got their first SEC win after something like 17 consecutive SEC losses. Monday should be a holiday.

Not even kidding.

We had a big football day around here. We cheered so hard for Mississippi State...for various reasons.

My Joshua said, "why are you cheering for Miss State?"
And I said, "because my friend, Sophie, is a big fan."
He said, "who?"
And I said, "Sophie."
He said, "Sophie, who?"
And I said, "Sophie Hudson...she's my pretend internet friend."

And my boy...my Downsy man-child...looked at me like I had lost.my.mind.

It was precious...and we all lay-uffed and lay-uffed.

And then today was the Battle of the Ravine...where the college I went to (Ouachita Baptist University) and the college JIM went to (Henderson State University)...played each other. This is a HUGE deal for that small town, because the colleges are right across the street. And it's a huge deal for people who have gone to either university.

We debated all week about going to the game. We all wanted to go, but this weather...Joshua doesn't "do" cold very well. In the end, we decided to stay home. And our OBU Tigers WON! And won handily, 41-20! And now the Tigers are the Great American Conference champs!

We also watched the Mississippi State vs Alabama game...and there was wailing and gnashing of teeth when 'Bama won.

And that was just from me.

And then we watched the Arkansas game...and now we are all spent. And relieved. And thankful. And happy!

Here are some links for you to enjoy this weekend!

This because God never leaves you out.

This on practicing true hospitality.

Ummm...yeah. This happened to me one time, too. LOVE this Mom's response.

This from Lisa-Jo Baker...SO POWERFUL!

"Those who sow in tears shall reap with shouts of joy!" Psalm 126:5

1 comment:

  1. As someone who has chosen YOU as my favorite "pretend internet friend" I just want to thank you one more time for all of the encouragement and laughs! You are such a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete