Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Joshua's Thoughts on Egypt

Today Joshua's Therapeutic Recreation group learned about Egypt. And then they did a "pottery" type of craft using dough. Joshua made a snowman. When I got there, he said, "look what I made...an OLAF!"

On the way home in the car, I asked him to tell me what all he learned about Egypt (he pronounces it "E-jup).

He said, "it reminded me of Tatooine."
Me: "what?"
Him (with his indignant voice): "Tattoine..from...STAR WARS?"
I said, "I know what Tattoine is...what made you think of that when you were talking about Egypt?"
Him: "because there's desert everywhere."

He said that when people die, they are wrapped up in strips of cloth.
"Like Jesus," I said.
Him: "mmm...mmm. And then you are stuffed in a tomb."

He said that he learned about camels, and I said, "what about them?"
He said, "they are verrrrrrrrrrry fascinating creatures." (WHAT?)
He said they are tall and smelly and can walk a long distance. Jenni said they spit!
He said, "they have extra fat in their hump."
I said, "oh yeah? Why?"
And he said, "for people to ride on."

Oooooookay.

He said, "camels can store up to 20 gallons of milk for long trips."
I said, "you mean WATER."
He looked at me in the eyes and said, "MILLLLKKKK."

Alrighty then.

Tomorrow is their fitness day and they go to the gym. It's one of Joshua's very favorite things to do.

He said, "Last week, at fitness, I looked up and saw Cale walking alllllllll around the room like an Indian."
I said, "WHAT?"
He said, "Cale was walking around the room like an Indian."
I said, "what do you mean."
He put one hand up behind his head and spread his fingers out like feathers. And then he put one hand off and on his mouth (think: the scene from Peter Pan where the "Indians" are dancing around the fire) and went, "WOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOO!"

I'm sorry.

Joshua said, "I'm glad that there weren't any Indians at the gym, because they would be offended."
Me: "Native Americans."
Him: "I'm glad Jenni wasn't there."
Me: "Why?"
Him: "She's part Indian, and she would've been offended if she saw what Cale was doing."
Me: "Joshua, they call themselves NA-TIVE A-MER-I-CANS now."
Joshua: "Yeah. Native Americans. But they're Indians."

(sigh)

(I'm really sorry)

"You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head." Psalm 139:5

No comments:

Post a Comment