Monday, November 3, 2014

Whose Kid Is This Anyway?

Not gonna lie...this time change is kickin' my rear.

I almost didn't write anything tonight. Just.so.tired.

At the grocery several weeks ago...wayyy before Halloween, I walked behind a young dad and his daughter. He was pushing the buggy with one hand, and holding his daughter's hand with the other. She was wearing a tiara, a Princess dress...and a cape.

I'm sure the dad was unaware that anyone was paying any attention to them, but I saw them...and I smiled all the way down into my heart. And I thought...what a great dad.

On Sundays...in the 2nd service...Holly and I go down and sit with our family after the choir sings. Usually, it's Jim, empty seat for me, Joshua, empty seat for Holly...and Aaron. Well, yesterday, we walked down to sit with them and there was one empty seat by Jim...and one empty seat between Joshua and Aaron, who were sitting on the row in front of Jim.

Apparently it was crowded on our row, so they split up.

Well, Holly slid in beside Joshua and y'all. I wish I could've recorded his face. He grinned from ear to ear. She put her arm around him and hugged him...and he grinned and grinned. And Jim and I just smiled. SO precious. I love the bond they have.

I'm sure they were unaware that anyone was paying any attention to them, after all, the service was already in progress. But after church, a lady who was apparently sitting in our same section...several rows back...came up to me and told me, with tears in her eyes, that she and her husband had watched the whole thing. She told me how sweet she thought it was, and how it blessed them so much.

Speaking of Holly, yesterday, we had a 2 hour "bonus" choir rehearsal to work on the Christmas music.

Years ago, Holly was probably around 9, my friend, Paula dropped her off at our house after her piano lesson. Holly, and Paula's daughter, Sarah, took lessons together...and we took turns taking them and picking them up.

Holly seemed kind of grouchy when she walked in, so I asked her about her lesson. She said it was "fine." I asked her if she got any new music, and she huffed and said, "yes, and I don't like it at all." I said, "well, what's the name of it?" She said, "it's a song called 'whose Kid is this anyway?"

So I had to chuckle when we sang the song in choir tonight. It's really called, "What Child Is This?"

"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I shared this story at choir practice and everyone got a kick out of it! Thank you for your comment!

      Delete