Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Couch Saga

Well, you'll be happy to know that, after 3 days of having a couch sitting in the middle of my living room...IN FRONT OF THE FIRE PLACE...it is gone. Actually, you could probably care less. Anyway, we loaded up that sucker and took it over to Holly and Aaron's today.

In return, they loaded up their OLD couch...which was OUR old couch that we gave to them when my SISTER gave us the Big Gold Couch...(just making sure you're keeping up)...and sent it over here.

Wait...what?

NO WAY was it coming back in the house, so it's in the garage right now. Just got one extra couch out of the living room, we don't need another one!

The funny thing is...as strange as it was to have a couch sitting in the middle of your living room...like, in the smack-dab middle...is that no one around here seemed to mind. People have come in and sat down and started talking...like it's...normal.

IT'S NOT NORMAL, PEOPLE!

But I AM glad that, no matter what seems to be going on around here...our friends and family take it all in stride.

Good thing, because in addition to the couch...there is a giant ladder sitting in the living room as well. Last night, the TV "froze" and the only way to fix it is to unplug it and then plug it back in. Our TV is over our mantel, so Clark had to go get the ladder OUT OF MY BEDROOM (there's another story)...and climb up on it, snake his hand up behind the TV...and unplug it. And plug it back in. This morning, the ladder is still here in the living room.

I think it's mocking me.

We have been updating our master bathroom. And by "we" I mean ME. Just simple things like painting walls and cabinets, but that's why I had the ladder back there. Because while I could reach most things by standing on a chair, or on the bathroom cabinet, there was an area over the tub that I could not reach. And, bad news: the ladder wouldn't fit into the tub so that I could stand on it and feel safe. Believe me, I tried.

Because I do not like to ask for help when it comes to projects like this. I just as soon do it myself as to answer a bunch of questions as to WHY I'm doing it and WHY did I pick that color and wasn't the other paint just fine?

The answer to the first two questions is "because I wanted to," and the answer to the second one is "no, no, it was NOT....obviously, or we wouldn't be having this conversation."

And shutty your mouthy.

I did end up asking Clark to help me paint that very tip-top part of the wall over the tub. I appreciated his help so much, but he did have a lot of questions!

Anyway, this has been a month long project, because I don't do anything fast...and because I would need for my family to be gone for several days in a row in order to get it done quickly. Painting the cabinets was not that hard, but then I wanted to glaze them. JIM kept crashing stuff into his cabinet and chipping the paint...and then I had to re-paint it...and wait to do the glaze. And then he'd chip the paint somewhere on his side again, and I would re-paint it again.

Imma figgin' ta blow.

So I FINALLY was able to get the glaze on and today I finished up the poly. THANK THE LORD. I still have things to do in there, but the painting-the-cabinets part is over.

And, as much as I'd like to put the ladder in the garage...way WAYYYYY in the garage...I promised Joshua that I would work on his bathroom next.

Jesus, give me strength!

So, if you're keeping track, that's two couches minus one couch equals two couches...and a ladder.

"Whatever you are doing, work at it with enthusiasm, as to the Lord and not for people..." Colossians 3:23

No comments:

Post a Comment