Monday, November 10, 2014

Joshua: Wifi and Our Trip to Kroger

Over the past few months, the kids have been complaining that the wifi we have doesn't reach each room in the house. Clark is upstairs and he says it won't work in his room. Joshua is also upstairs, but on the other side...and has not had any problems with it that we know of. Logan's room is downstairs and it doesn't work well in there. Even in our downstairs master bedroom, the signal is "iffy" and even non-existent at times.

So, last week, Jim ordered a new router and put it upstairs and thought all would be well. I mean, right?

WELL.

All is not well with the oldest child of the family (Joshua). Apparently the "new" router has turned his world upside-down, because when he's upstairs...the downstairs one won't work; and when he's upstairs, the downstairs one won't work.

Wait.

Did I just say that?

I would retype it but it would take too much energy. You get the drift. His phone was switching back and forth and not using the one he needed.

We've told him that WHENEVER he has a problem with his phone or iPOD touch, to come tell us and we will try to help him figure it out. He doesn't know how to go to his "settings" and click on the other wifi. And we haven't shared the password with him, because who knows where that will lead, and I don't really have time to answer questions from the FBI concerning ugly comments about any government official coming from someone at this address who has unlimited access to the internet.

Just sayin'.

Homeboy's not happy with the current state of affairs in our nation's capitol, and can't wait for the next election.

Apparently, he was having trouble with his phone over the weekend, and did not tell us about it. He did, however, tell Aaron-the-son-in-law that the "da** wifi" wasn't working up in his room.

Now, we don't talk like that in our home, so Aaron was kind of shocked. Joshua said it 3 times, trying to get a reaction, and finally Aaron told him that it probably wasn't the NICEST way to say it...and Joshua agreed. Aaron said, "your dad was just trying to help." And Joshua said, "I know. I'm not blaming Dad...but he did it."

Bless it.

This afternoon, Joshua and I headed to the grocery. We are supposed to get some really cold weather, and I wanted to get everything we needed for the next few days. I had a pretty long list. It's already a proven fact that Joshua prefers Kroger to Wal-Mart, because the "nanners" at Kroger are "more bigger," and the buggies at Kroger aren't "janky."

Joshua likes the small buggies they have at Kroger. They are just easier for him to manage, so that's what we usually get. Sometimes, I pack those small buggies so full that the guys who bag my groceries can't figure out how in the world I got it all into one small buggy.

Please. This ain't my first rodeo.

Today, I told Joshua that I thought we should each take a small buggy, since I had such a long list. That about blew his little mind. In hindsight, we should've just gotten the big buggy and been done with it, but hey...tried a new thing. Joshua was a nervous wreck not knowing which items I was going to put in his buggy, and which items I was going to put in mine. And he about started to sweat when, almost at the end of our list, both buggies were FULL...and we still had to get Orange Juice and coffee creamer.

WHERE WOULD IT GO?

Spoiler alert: it all fit and we made it home with everything...and Joshua can't wait to tell his grandmother that we fit 80 items in our two buggies!

Today, I am thankful for my husband.

I'm actually thankful for him every day. 

But, when Joshua and I got in my vehicle this morning to head to the grocery, it wouldn't start. Jim came home for lunch, and took my vehicle to get a new battery before he went back to work.

And you'll all be glad to know that his leaf from the Thanksgiving Tree? It's been moved...

Closer. :)

"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3

No comments:

Post a Comment