Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pride Goeth Before A Changed Facebook Status

So, Joshua has Facebook, and it's pretty much unsupervised...Jim thought it would be okay...UNTIL I start getting texts that say things like, "uh-oh," or "what'd I miss?" or, "LOL."

Then I rush to pick up my phone because I know Joshua has posted something.

He is a mess.

I posted about the Director of his Therapeutic Recreation program stepping down and going to part-time, and how all the FRIENDS were upset about it...because they won't get to see her as often...and because, like most of the rest of us, THEY DON'T LIKE CHANGE.

I was sitting in the living room, minding my own business, when I notice a new post from Joshua. It was Ms. Sherrie's birthday, so I assumed that he was wishing her a happy day.

Now, I don't have the exact post because he ended up deleting it before I could save it, and Holly took a screen-shot of it, but later deleted it.

PROBABLY FOR THE BEST.

The gist of it was that he wanted to wish Ms. Sherrie a Happy Birthday, being that he was the "LEADER and ONE AND ONLY spokesman for the group" at Therapeutic Recreation.

Seriously, Joshua? Just...no...

Well, then Joshua's girlfriend fired back, and said he was NOT the one and only spokesman for the group...and that SHE was a leader, TOO. And in a matter of 3 minutes or so, we had us a little Facebook holy war going on.

Oh, goodness!

He came downstairs and asked me if I had seen Jenni's responses and I said, "yes." Then he declared that Jenni was being the "rudest of the RUDE."

We had a little "come to Jesus" meeting right then and there. I told him that she was right, and that what he wrote was offensive and hurtful to the other FRIENDS...because it made it seem like he thought he was better than everyone else. And I told him NO MORE POSTS TONIGHT, and I forgot about it.

But then THIS HAPPENED...

To everyone I'm sorry for what I said on here. And I take full responsiblity for my actions. We're merely wrong. I set myself logically too high above everyone. I fess up for what I did wrong. I am extremely sorry. I'm proud to be in parks and recreation. I want to wish my best friend. Sherrie a happy birthday. I have learned a lot from her. As well as the others there. I'm extremely pleased how the TR parks and recreation has changed me. I will mention that I'm thankful for the staff Angel and Alanna has done a great job putting this place where people. Like BlairJenni, and Taylor can comes and learn life skills I'm so thankful that Sherrie has made so much hard work and determination and sacrifices Sherrie has opened up those who had many special need's kids and young adult to logically help us to grow as adults. To give us courage and full self confendance in ourselves so we all can learn everyday life skills that we can be ready to face the world. But our hearts are 1 in The Lord that we serve with gratefullness and love. Because we are a family. Will you all join Blair Jenni and Marci and i to be thankful and grateful for the awesome hard work that our parks staff that they have changed the lives of people that has special need's.

He does love him some adjectives. 

And I love him.

It's so easy to see the wrong in others, isn't it? The pride, the attitudes, the selfishness. 

Maybe that's just me. 

And not only is it easy to SEE...it's also easy to do. Because we all want to be recognized for our accomplishments, for our service; we are proud of our kids, and we sometimes put their talent onto us and wear it as a badge of honor; and we compare ourselves to others, using opinion, favoritism and influence to determine what or WHO is better...instead of comparing ourselves to Christ. He is our plumb-line that never changes.

"Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth." Colossians 3:2

No comments:

Post a Comment