Saturday, July 26, 2014

Birthday Blessings

So...today is my birthday.

I woke up in bed all by myself, because Jim had gone out for an early run. I guess I missed my parade.

Shoot.

When he got back from his run, he started making breakfast. He made sausage and eggs.

No biscuits.

No bacon.

No gravy.

It's like he doesn't even know who I am.

Because, as much as biscuits, bacon and gravy would've made the sausage and eggs taste better, do you know what I really wanted?

MINIS, people. "CHICKIN" MINIS.

They are my love language.

After breakfast, Jim went out and washed my car.

Which, I totally appreciate that, but I have proudly driven that car since March 15 without feeling the need to wash it...and I've made it just fine and God's still on His throne.

And then Jim started building a "coffin" for me. Not a real coffin...that's just what I'm calling it, because it is a wooden box eerily my same size. Plus, I may or may not have noticed him following me around with the measuring tape.

I'M KIDDING.

He's already built one of these things. He planted all kinds of flowers in it...I think that was my birthday or Mother's Day gift last year. This year, he is building another one...a smaller one...and he is giving the other, larger coffin to Holly and Aaron.

I personally love flowers, but I do not have a green thumb. In fact, I haven't watered flowers or worked much outside in the yard since about 1985. That was the year I decided to try and "help" Jim by cleaning the weeds out of the flower beds, like he asked me to. Unfortunately, I ended up ripping out the flowers and leaving the weeds.

WHAT?

Who am I...P. Allen Smith?

I think NOT.

So, on the hottest day of the summer, Jim is out in the garage, running the saw and building the coffin. I was about to go all BEYONCE on him..."you must not know 'bout me..."

Instead, I said, "THANK YOU" to everything. I mean, seriously...how sweet is my husband?

I just thought it was funny...what women want and what men want. And how the gifts we give can sometimes be more for ourselves than they are for others. Because we're different. You know, that whole men are from Mars, women are from Venus. Or maybe it's the other way around.

All kidding aside, I've had a great day. God allowed me to wake up and live another day. I feel healthy and happy. I have a great husband who does so much for me and the kids. I've heard from family and friends, and I even got a few presents! And tonight, we are ALL meeting Logan and Morgan for dinner at a town half-way between our home and theirs. Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Tomorrow I will post on that.

(This post, while true, was meant to be funny...I feel very thankful and blessed!).

"Give thanks to the LORD for He is good..." Psalm 107:1

No comments:

Post a Comment