Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My Birthday-Joshua's Facebook Post

Issues? We've had them.

With Joshua and social media, that is.

Jim thought it would be FIIIIIIINNNNNNEEE for Joshua to have some freedom with Facebook. Before he came to this illustrious conclusion, I was closely monitoring Joshua's posts, the pictures he shared...and the friends he was requesting. And while I did not agree with Jim in the matter of the giving-of-the-social-media-freedom, I tried to be supportive.

I mean, maybe it would be okay. I was cautiously optimistic.

Emphasis on "cautiously."

Those were the days when I could blissfully go about my day without hearing my phone buzz 16 consecutive times with texts from family and close friends saying, "uh-oh," or "what happened," or "what'd I miss?" Or, my personal favorite, "LOL JOSHUA!"

Nothing can make my heart fall to my stomach faster.

Because you just NEVER KNOW what he's going to say. Or how he's going to say it. I've posted several "lost in translation" posts here and here. Which means that what he says is not always what he means.

Except when it is.

Tomorrow, I will share what Joshua posted the other day that nearly brought down the nation. Or, at the very least, the Therapeutic Recreation nation.

I just hope our world leaders never get involved with social media, because saying the wrong thing or leaving off even one letter in a sentence...post it on social media and, well, it could start a war.

Even if you never meant to...

Why does love always feel like a battlefield?

Sorry.

Hee hee...

But on Saturday, my birthday, my phone started buzzing about a post Joshua had written...and I just have to share it on here.

First of all, let me state for the record: I do not know what "morphincally" means.

I also have no idea what "molecular transmutation" is or what it has to do with me or my birthday...altho, if anyone out there knows and it will in any way make me look and feel younger, please feel free to contact me here.

Joshua gets 99% of his vocabulary from whatever movie or book or TV show that he's interested in at the moment. Right now, that would be Pow-Pow-Power Rangers. Yep. Those colorful crime-fighting ninjas from the 90's. They're BACK in our home, thanks to Mammaw Jack, who found the entire set at the store and bought them for Joshua.

Here you go, Joshua's Facebook post on my birthday:

It's molecular transmutation. I want to give a birthday wish to a wonderful loving caring supporting encouraging strong and yet wise mom. Who has gave and taught me. How to have leadership strength and boldness and patience. Words aren't. Enough to describe such a mom that has made sacrifices for the 4 of us. Her. Kids. So I say on the behalf of my siblings. Holly, LoganClark and I are extremely and morphincally blessed. That we have a mom. Who has gave birth to all 4 of us. Even through the hard times. As a 3 month old baby I was having open heart surgery and Clark who battled with cancer. We have stayed strong and united as a family. We will always stay a family through the good, through the bad through the ugly times. We have always stayed together. We are 1 because our hearts are 1 through the blood of The Lord we always have been raised in a godly Christ led home. So. Happy birthday to you. Mom. holly Logan Clark and I love you.

Do you SEE what I'm dealing with here?

All kidding aside, is that not the sweetest thing? As much as we fuss about the things he says on Facebook, we are all thankful for the abilities GOD has given him...and for the professionals who have worked diligently with him to bring out his potential. We are thankful that he can read and hear, and that he is able to write and type. 

He can work his i-phone like a BOSS. 

(Please notice that he is speaking ON BEHALF OF his siblings (who are all perfectly able to speak on behalf of THEMSELVES)...which is a theme that will show up in my post for tomorrow)

So very thankful for him.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

Post a Comment