Thursday, July 3, 2014

Water Wars: Joshua's Week At TR

We've had a good week.

Joshua has gone to Therapeutic Rec (TR) 3 days this week. On Tuesday, they went swimming...as usual. And then he said they "hanged around" at the Center for the rest of the afternoon. They have been working on an art project and I can't wait to see it! I got a glimpse of it and it's patriotic, which I LOVE!

Yesterday, they had Yoga at the Center, and then they went out for lunch. It's a well-documented fact that there's not much the FRIENDS like better than going out to lunch! They went to a BBQ place. I asked Joshua what he had. He said, "I couldn't decide between a buh-guh (burger), chicken or fish."

Hey, Joshua...what about having BBQ at the BBQ place?

Today is the 4th of July cookout at the TR Center. And the annual "water wars" between the FRIENDS and the Counselors. It's one of everyone's favorite days.

Last year, on Water Wars day, I didn't even send a water gun with Joshua. I believe my statement was, "Joshua will not like this at all."

UMMMM...WRONG.

Last year, it was on a day when Holly AND Logan were both working the day camp, and they said Joshua was all up in it, using a water gun he borrowed from the staff.

ALL.UP.IN.IT.

You better believe he took a water gun this year...oh, yes ma'am.

After I dropped him off, I ran by Bed, Bath and Beyond and Target. I am trying to get Logan's room all prettified for when he and his bride come to visit tomorrow night! As I pulled out of Target, the Chick-Fil-A at the end of the parking lot was calling my name. I ordered a 3-count chicken mini JUST THE MINIS...and a drink. After I got my order, I pulled into a parking spot to get things situated so that I could eat on my drive home. And that's when I noticed that my order was wrong. I was given a 4 count MEAL, plus a chicken biscuit.

Now, it's a rare thing that CFA ever gets my order wrong. In all the years that we've been going there, I could probably list those times on one hand.

Have you ever tried to return an order at CFA that was wrong? When you bring it up to the counter, they put their hands up and back away from it like it contains kryptonite: "No, no, no...ma'am...we're sorry, ma'am. You just keep it...or throw it away. Here's another one. So sorry, ma'am."

So, winner-winner, chicken dinner.

I mean, biscuit.

I came home and finished painting in Logan's room. So excited to start pulling the bedding together.

Joshua had a great time at the water wars. He said there was no drama...or "barely any drama." He said that Jenni drank a whole bottle of water and he said, "WOW," and she got mad. He couldn't for the life of him say what made her so upset at him. I told him that he knows that she has been trying to get off of Diet Coke, and when he saw her drinking water, he should've said, "that's great, Jenni!" and been supportive.

I told him that he wasn't being nice or supportive.

He said, "well, I wouldn't go that far. I think I was right in the middle of not being nice...not being encouraging...and not being supportive. Somewhere in the middle." And he was making great use of his hands as he talked.

And if someone can explain to me how you can be in the middle of 3 different things...

And if you can explain any of this to me...

Nevermind.

"The LORD has done great things for us and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3

No comments:

Post a Comment