Friday, July 4, 2014

July 4, 2014 (Family and Celebrate Arkansas Magazine)

Well, today I am in my happy zone. Know why?

Because my family is all here together.

Late this afternoon, Logan and Morgan pulled into town. I could not be happier to have them here. Right after they got here, Holly and Aaron came over. All we are missing is Jenni...and Clark's girlfriend, Faith.

I spent today doing lots and lots of laundry. And cleaning house.

And putting the last few touches on Logan and Morgan's room. It looks so pretty, if I do say so myself. Gone are the tan walls and the giant American flag and the red, white and blue bedding. I loved it, I did. I love everything patriotic, but I think I loved Logan's room so much because HE loved it. He loved that American flag.

But he's married now, and he asked for his flag. I don't know how Morgan is going to feel about it, or whether it will even be used at his house...but I packed up the flag and the bedding and the lamp...and gave it all to them.

This week, I painted the walls a gray color. I bought a white coverlet, white quilt, white duvet cover. I bought a bunch of pillows. I bought a yellow lamp with a flowery shade. And bright green curtains. I was hoping Logan would like it, and not be upset that I changed it all. They both loved it, and so my work in there is done.

Well, nearly done.

Joshua and I went to Hobby Lobby today, and I bought several decorative frames...white ones...and I took a page from the Nester, and hung those babies on the wall in about 10 minutes. Didn't measure, didn't stress. I did have to move and adjust, but it didn't take that long.

You know what she says, "it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful."

Theme of my entire life right there.

After dinner, we all sat outside. Our dogs went NUTS with the fireworks. We put Maggie in the garage, and Holly and Aaron took turns sitting in the bathroom with Marley. I have never seen Marley so upset. He was shaking half-to-death!

Joshua, Holly, Logan and Clark picked through some of their old toys, trying to decide which ones they were going to blow-up with fireworks. And then Logan and Clark proceeded to go all juvenile delinquent on us, and there were toys being blown to bits in our yard.

Good times.

I love my family...love my kids. I love having them here together. We had a great dinner...Jim grilled out burgers, hot dogs, polish sausages...and he made some sort of squash and onion dish. I made cheese dip and baked beans and a vegetable tray. I made peanut-butter brownies for dessert, and Morgan made cupcakes. We had some yummy lemonade. We had great fellowship.

Family has got to be my love language.

I shared what family means to me in an article Kelly Stamps wrote for the July issue of Celebrate Arkansas Magazine. Her article starts on page 64, and my comments and my family's picture is on page 65.

"Let each generation tell it's children of Your mighty acts..." Psalm 145:4

No comments:

Post a Comment