Wednesday, August 10, 2016

That Time Barney Made An Appearance

Moved kinda slow around here today.

I got mayyyyyybe 3 hours of sleep last night, if I added it up. It was definitely not all together.

And I don't know why.

I think it might've been something I ate.

Or, several things I ate.

Sugar is not my friend, and I think I ate too much of it yesterday...and I paid for it today. I felt awful. I didn't eat anything for breakfast...just tried to keep fluids going.

About mid-morning, I told Clark that I was going to sit outside. I thought maybe the sun would make me feel some better...and I think maybe it did

But, Holly and Rhodie came over around lunch, and seeing their two faces always cheers me up. I ended up eating half of my sandwich, and I felt a little better. Clark took his kayak, and went out to the lake to paddle...so things were pretty quiet around here this afternoon. I got to hold Rhodie while he took a nap, and it was wonderful.

I am so very thankful that we live close enough to see Rhodie every day.

I decided to go to choir tonight, even tho I really wanted to stay home. I'm so glad I went. I always have a great time there. I left feeling energized and encouraged.

When I got home, Holly and Rhodes were still here. Aaron-the-son-in-law had brought dinner for everyone. Thank you, Aaron. It's always great when the kids step up and take care of things...especially on a day when I'm not feeling quite up to par.

Also, I posted this on Facebook, but years ago, BARNEY, the purple dinosaur, was a part of our family. And by "years," I mean, decades...and, for most of that time, he was in a box in the attic.

But after one of our recent moves...I can't remember if it was when we moved here, or when we moved to the place before here...but our kids were older. One of my two youngest hoodlums found Barney, and so began the hiding-of-the-purple-dinosaur game.

Over the years, they have hidden him in cabinets all over our house. He's had some close calls in the bathroom, when he almost landed in the...well...YA KNOW.

But he's been quiet for a long time...until this week. I should've been prepared: Logan was here, and he and Clark together for 4 days? Well, what one won't think of...the other one will. And this ain't my first rodeo.

Those two bowies will be the death of me. But I love them so.

Still, I wasn't prepared, because when I opened the cabinet to get a coffee cup, Barney launched himself from one of the top shelves...down onto my head.

And that's how Marty nearly died.

#wontyousayyoulovemetoo

"We were filled with laughter, and we sang for joy..." Psalm 126:2

No comments:

Post a Comment