Saturday, November 21, 2015

That Time I Lost My Mind At Choir Practice

Holly and Aaron told us that we were going to be Grandparents, and then asked us to keep it on the down-low until they could tell their friends. And the rest of both families.

Which is how it should be...it's their news to tell.

Holly and Aaron are private people, and I try to honor that. I have never talked about their business all over town. And so I kept their secret, and did not tell anyone. AT ALL. Not even my Dad. Not even my sisters.

But then Holly told me that I could share her news at choir practice this past Wednesday, and I was so excited! She was going to be there, too...she was just giving me the opportunity to tell about the baby, since I hadn't gotten to tell anyone. Still, I'm pretty reserved in big groups, and, honestly? There's about half of our choir that I don't know.

What happened next...well, it's a mystery. I think I started off okay, but then I must've blacked out, because when I woke up, I was running around the choir room with the ultrasound picture.

RUNNING.

Around the choir room.

With the picture.

(sigh)

IN MY DEFENSE, I have never pressured them about having a baby. Ever. I have never given them "suggestions" for baby names. Annnnnd, I kept their secret for 5 whole days (it was brutal y'all).

So, I think I was entitled to go a little crazy.

Even so...I probably can't go back to choir anytime soon.

"I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:2

No comments:

Post a Comment