Monday, November 23, 2015

Catching Up

We've been busy around here. Jim was out-of-town all week. He went pheasant hunting in Kansas. While he was gone, Joshua decided that he wanted to sleep downstairs in Logan and Morgan's room. I was fine with that...so I put clean sheets on the bed and got it all ready for him.

Then, on Friday afternoon...Clark came home for the weekend. And then Jim came home. And I had barely put clean sheets on their bed before Logan and Morgan walked in the door. We were so excited to see them! It's been days of eating and laughing and eating and laughing. SO FUN! Holly had to work on Saturday and Sunday, but Aaron came over and hung out with us...and Clark had to head back to school on Sunday night.

BOO for college classes on the week of Thanksgiving.

But, he is coming back tomorrow...annnnnnd Logan and Morgan are leaving tomorrow (sigh). They are going to spend a few days now with her parents...which is only fair, I know...but I believe we have already covered the topic of how Marty does not like to share.

And then Aaron is going out-of-town with his family, because Holly has to work on Wednesday and Thursday (Thanksgiving Day). I'm thinking she will want to stay with us, so I will be changing the sheets in Logan and Morgan's room yet again.

With everyone coming and going at different times, I don't know when we will have our family Thanksgiving dinner...or IF we will have it. And that's okay, too.

That's what I'm telling myself.

My main goal for this week is to have a sliver of time when we can ALL be together...and take a family picture for our Christmas card.

We are enjoying this week, and doing our best to embrace this stage of life. Our lives are like a revolving door right now. We love it, but it's kind of hard to plan...but that's okay. When you have a big family, that's just part of it.

But, I feel like I might need some sort of a flow-chart or large calendar...just to keep up with everyone! Ha!

"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

No comments:

Post a Comment