Thursday, November 5, 2015

On Thursdays, He Spikes

This morning, I got ready to take Joshua into Little Rock for his Therapeutic Recreation. I called upstairs to see if he was ready, and then began to gather up my things: purse, keys, etc.

I could hear him coming down the stairs. He walked up behind me and asked, "are you ready?" I turned around to see him standing there...the front of his hair spiked up to Jesus.

Not.even.kidding.

I put a picture of it on my IG if you wanna see it (martythemoose).

I don't know why he started spiking it...I think the lady at the Sports Clips did it one time, and he's done it ever since. But only on Thursdays. I think that Jenni-the-girlfriend made fun of him, or called him Alfalfa, and he didn't like that one bit. She doesn't come to TR on Thursdays, so that's the day he spikes.

His hair is really too long right now to spike...but I didn't have the heart to tell him. I bet the spike is at least 4 inches tall.

But we got a LOT of "double-takes" as we passed cars...or as they passed us. And we got lots of smiles. And, really, if that's how he spreads joy...then that's okay with me.

Jim said he could pick up Joshua today, so I came back home...and it was glorious! Our house was needing some attention...BAD. And, we were out of eggs. I went to Kroger first thing...and then I died.

Seriously. Our Kroger has been changing over to what I can only think is a glorified Wal-Mart...where you can buy clothes and all kinds of stuff that has nothing to do with FOOD. One sign even used the words, "designer clothes." At Kroger.

And, I don't know...whatever. But then they went and have changed everything else around. Things that are NOT clothes. Things like, peanut-butter...and bread...and Diet Dr. Pepper. They moved them from one side of the aisle...to the other. Or from one end of the aisle...down to the other.

I think they are trying to kill me.

Because, I think most people just want to run in the grocery, get what they need...and get out of there in the quickest, most efficient way possible.

And, yes, I realize this is a first-world problem, and yes, I am very thankful that we have lots of options for food here in the United States.

Back when I was a girl...we lived in Taiwan for a couple of years, because my Dad was in the Air Force. We did not have NEAR the options in our Base Commissary there...as we did once we got stateside. If the Base got a shipment of Cheerios...we had Cheerios. If they got a shipment of Frosted Flakes...that's what we had. If we wanted Lucky Charms, we might have to wait 3 months, or 6 months...or FOREVER.

But I live here now, so STOP CHANGING EVERYTHING AROUND, KROGER.

Joshua said his group went to fitness this morning, and then came back and "hanged around the Center." I packed a sandwich for his lunch, and they ate there. Joshua doesn't really like a "cold" lunch, like sandwiches. I mean, he doesn't really complain about it (too much), but he prefers taking left-overs that he can warm-up in the microwave.

Like the roast, potatoes and carrots he took yesterday.

Jim picked him up, and they went to the gym...and then we had dinner. Hallelujah, Amen.

And at 6:30, Jim said, "it's just 6:30? It seems like it should be 10 o'clock."

And that's how Grandma Moses went and took her night-time shower, and put on her flannel pajammies with the mustaches on them...and has been writing on this blog until it's an appropriate time to go crawl in the bed.

"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment