Monday, November 2, 2015

Flu Shots And Band-Aids

Today was a low-key day. Mondays are typically this way. We usually don't go out anywhere until after lunch...and sometimes we stay home all day. Joshua loves Mondays.

But, Joshua and I had gone to get our annual flu shots at Target last Wednesday, and ended up waiting 45 MINUTES and we STILL weren't called...so we had to leave. It was a hot mess up in there.

So, I decided we'd go back to Target this morning. First, I made muffins for our breakfast...AS YOU DO (if you know what's good for you) on Mondays. And then we headed out to Target around 10. I had to fill out ALLTHEPAPERS again...but it didn't take too long.

She said it would be 20 minutes, so I really wasn't too concerned even after 30 minutes of waiting. But this one "Target lady" walked by and asked if we were waiting on a prescription. I told her we were waiting on shots. I heard her ask the pharmacists if our shots were ready.

They called us immediately after that.

The shots took 2 seconds, and the technician-guy who gave them to us was really sweet. He said, "I'm so sorry for your wait...we really want you to have a better experience than that."

Joshua went first, and the shot was fine. When the technician-guy tried to put a band-aid on him, I thought there was going to be a smack-down, because Joshua acted like the band-aid was kryptonite. The guy moved toward Joshua...and Joshua leaned wayyyyyyy far away from him. Guy tried again. Joshua moved again. I finally said, "Joshua doesn't like band-aids."

He never has.

I think it goes back to being in the hospital and having lots of doctor's appointments in the beginning. He always HATED band-aids.

I, on the other hand, took my band-aid like a boss.

When we were done, the technician-guy said, "thank you for letting us immunize you today."

And I said, "my pleasure."

And then I called Jim, and we all went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. :)

"Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude." 1 Peter 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment