Sunday, November 8, 2015

Sunday: New Class, Choir and Dinner With The Kids

We have had a great day today!

We went to Sunday School and church, as usual, but THIS Sunday was Jim's first time to teach in our new class!

He taught a young adult class for several years when we lived in the town our kids call home. And he taught a college class in the last place we lived. We've been in this church about 4 years, and we've been in two different small groups.

Side note: We call them "small groups" now, because someone thought it would sound cooler, or not as old-fashioned, as "Sunday School." Or that's what I think. But it's a Sunday School class, no matter what you call it. :)

The staff asked Jim about teaching this class, and we've been praying about it for a couple of months. This is a mid-30's to mid-40's class. In fact, one guy said that he needed to go pick up his 3 year old daughter, and I died a little on the inside because WE.ARE.OLD!

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?

ANYway, we've sat in the class for the past two weeks, and today was Jim's first time to teach in there. He said he felt a little "rusty," but I think he did just fine.

We got home from church around 12:30, and I had to be back up there by 1 for Christmas choir practice. I didn't have time to change out of my "Sunday clothes," but I was able to stuff a very small slice of pizza in my mouth before I left because PRIORITIES.

I picked up Holly and headed up there. She told me that she had been working on dinner plans with Logan, and we were going to meet them at our half-way spot for dinner! So that's what we did! And it was awesome!

During dinner, Joshua leaned over and said, "you got all your babies at the table...are you happy?"

Yes, yes I am.

"Just as you cannot understand the path of the wind or the mystery of a tiny baby growing in its mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the activity of God, who does all things." Ecclesiastes 11:5

No comments:

Post a Comment