Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Rat Update, Family Update: Coming and Going

We've had some awesome days with our family. I just wish everyone could be here all at the same time.

Holly had a hair appointment today, and she took Joshua with her...so that I could stay here with Logan and Morgan. Jim had gone duck-hunting this morning, and when he got home, he took Logan and Morgan to get a new phone.

A new phone for Logan.

Logan had wanted one for his birthday in October, but he felt bad asking for it. With him in Occupational Therapy school, he is not able to have a job at this time. And our little daughter-in-law is finishing up her last semester of college. She will hopefully find a teaching job soon! Logan's phone has been acting sketchy for a while. He doesn't have to have the fanciest phone...but I do want him to have a reliable phone.

So, Jim took them up to the store to work out an upgrade. The phone store employee said the next upgrade for Logan (after this one) will be in 18 months. Logan said that Jim thought a minute, and then said, "well, that will be good. In 18 months, you'll be out of school, and you can buy your own phone at that time."

Logan said, "ummmm...I'm in a 3 year program, and I have 2 1/2 years left."

Jim said, "ohhhhhh...that's right. Well, then I guess that'll be 32 more months."

I don't know where Jim got "32 months," but Logan said it was so funny. He said that when he gets back to school next week, he's gonna walk into his first class and tell the professor, "listen...I know this is a 3 year program, but we need to put it on the fast-track. If it's not gonna be on the OT Boards, then we don't need to learn it...my Dad is cutting me off in 18 months."

Jim overheard Logan telling us the story, and he hollered from the other room, "I AM NOT CUTTING YOU OFF IN 18 MONTHS."

BAHAHAHAHA!

After they got the phone, they came home...Logan and Morgan packed up, and headed to her parent's house.

And then Holly and Joshua came home.

And then Clark came home.

And then Holly went to her house.

And then there were 4.

We warmed up "re-runs" (what Joshua calls left-overs) for dinner. Jim and Clark had chili, and Joshua and I had some food we brought home from a restaurant the other night. I'm in my cozy clothes, and we are all piled up in the family room. I've got the washing machine going...Holly will be staying in Logan and Morgan's room for the next 2 nights, while her husband is gone, so I'm getting everything ready for her.

Also, she told me that our grand-baby is now the size of a plum. :)

I just love being with my family. I enjoy hearing them talk and watching them with each other. I love watching the relationships between our married children and their spouses. Lots of proud and grateful moments...and also some moments for gentle reminders (only for my married daughter and married son...NEVER for my in-laws).

Clark didn't want me to put up our Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving, but he's in for a rude awakening...I'm starting tomorrow. At least doing the upstairs and maybe getting him and Jim to do the outside of the house.

And also: RAT NOT DEAD.

"This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment