Wednesday, August 31, 2016

On How My Daughter Took My Grand-baby Away From Me

I know what you're thinking after reading the title: "Well, it was just a matter of time."

Am I right?

Because y'all probably think I'm a loon.

And, you'd kind of be right. I am crazy...CRAZY over my grand-boy.

CRAZY.OVER.HIM.

Obsessed, really.

And I am crazy intentional about spending as much time with him as I can...about Jim and I being present in his life, and having an influence over him as he grows.

My daughter and her husband left on vacation this morning.

Which, would be fine and good and well, but get this: they took my grandson with them.

WHAT THE WHAT?

And, as much as I am trying to be happy for them...because I really and truly am; and, as much as I am excited for them to have a few uninterrupted days as a family of THREE, before Holly starts back to work...because I am...I am also really sad.

I have seen Rhodie every, single day of his life...until today.

That's 72 days, if you're counting.

I have been able to kiss that sweet face for 72 consecutive days...until today.

And, listen, I know I'm being a big baby...you don't have to tell me about it. And I know I should be thankful I've gotten to see him this much...I am. And I know that most people don't get to spend this much time with their grandchildren...

I don't care.

I hardly get to make anything in my life about me. Can I just make this about me? For just a sec?

I seriously am happy for my kids. I am SURE when we took off with our young kids on a vacation...our families did not think about how much they were going to miss us. We never lived near either of our families, so they didn't get to see us every day, like we've gotten to see Rhodie.

But I am SURE our families worried about us as we traveled...and I am SURE they prayed for us while we were gone.

Can.not.wait until they are home. :)

"The Lord Himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade." Psalm 121:5

No comments:

Post a Comment