Sunday, August 21, 2016

The Last Supper (Before College)

We had a quiet Saturday morning around here. Jim got up and ran, and then came in to make breakfast. I was intending to stay in bed for a long time, even tho I was awake. I like to have my quiet time in my bed on Saturday mornings...and then I like to watch our Saturday morning news show. IN BED.

But, after his shower, he came in our bedroom, and said, "are you going to make pancakes?"

"No, no I am not. Yes...just give me a minute."

I don't like sweets all that much, and I especially don't care for sweet things for breakfast. I'd much rather have biscuits and gravy, bacon, and eggs...which is what I had planned on making. I'm not a big fan of pancakes. Really, I'm not a big fan of syrup, but I got up and made pancakes, and Jim cooked eggs, and breakfast ham.

It was all yummy.

I rolled up a plain pancake (no syrup) like an enchilada, and ate it dry.

Jim and Clark wanted to mow, but we've had so much rain lately...the ground is too soaked to mow. Instead, Jim got out and worked on his broken weed-eater, and went to the store for some parts he needed. After he got home, Holly and I went to Hobby Lobby, and Aaron-the-son-in-law stayed home with Rhodes.

Logan called, and wanted to know if we wanted to meet him and Morgan at the half-way place for dinner. It's a Mexican restaurant that's half-way between our house and theirs. About an hour and 15-20 minutes each way.

We said, "YES!"

He wanted us to all be together as a family, on the last night before we move Clark back to college.

So we had 4 in our car, and Holly and Aaron took their car...in case they had to leave early, or stop more often, with Rhodie.

We had a great time at dinner. I love it when all 4 of my babies are together. And then we attempted to get a quick picture before everyone went their separate ways. If you've read here long...or if you have more than one child...you already know this did not go well.

Oh, I got a picture.

A picture of about 6 loons holding a baby.

"See how good and pleasant it is when brothers and sisters live together in harmony!" Psalm 133:1

No comments:

Post a Comment