Tuesday, August 23, 2016

More of Moving Day #2 for #4

I had a little bit more to say about Clark's moving day. Like, how his dorm is a boy's dorm, but it's named after a woman. And, like, how NICE this dorm is, compared to the rat-trap he stayed in last year.

Seriously, the dorm he was in last year, has been around since BEFORE I WENT TO COLLEGE THERE. And it looks exactly the same on the inside as it did 38 years ago. It would take a whole TEAM of Joanna Gaines' to make that dorm look good on the inside.

Anyway, Clark's dorm this year is nice. On his floor, there are about 4 rooms on either side of this large "common room." His room is right off the common room. I think this can be good OR bad.

Clark thinks this can be good OR bad.

Clark said that his room last year was always a "happenin' spot." When I brought that up in front of his roommate, Houston, he let this little jewel slip out, "yep...even when Clark and I were both asleep in our beds...PEOPLE WOULD STILL BE HANGING OUT IN OUR ROOM.

The whole thing makes me happy/tired/stressed just thinking about it.

Clark's room has two bedrooms, with two boys in each room. Clark is rooming with Houston, again. Same as last year. And they kept their same suite-mates as last year, too. They have a bathroom that all 4 boys will share.

We got our first look at his room on Sunday. One of his suite-mates had moved in early, and he had brought some bathroom items: a Sponge Bob bath mat, shower curtain, SPONGE BOB SHOWER RINGS, soap dispenser, and a tooth-brush holder (which Clark called a "bacteria trap"). I'm guessing his suite-mate really likes Sponge Bob?

We were the only ones there for about an hour, which gave us PLENTY of time to unload all of Clark's stuff, bunk the beds, and move some of the furniture around. When Houston got there, we stepped out to give their family plenty of room. We decided to sit in the common room for a while, and it didn't take Aaron-the-son-in-law but about 7 seconds to engage Clark...and then Jim...in a rousing game of ping-pong.

That boy is all about playing games.

We decided to walk around the campus, and get pictures of Rhodie in all of the places our family loves.

The mascot at Clark's college is a tiger. Over the years, it has taken a beating from the fans of rival schools...as well as some good-natured fun from our own students. So, they...the powers that be...have put a fence around it. On Sunday, MOVE-IN DAY for upperclassmen, the gate was LOCKED.

What the what?

So, we took pictures out in front of the gate. Wasn't really the same as the ones we took last year, but I guess they unlock it for the Freshmen and their families to get pictures on their move-in day, and then lock it back up.

I was a little aggravated, but I guess I understand why they do it. I mean, I may or may not have a picture of someone very close to me, riding on the back of that Tiger.

Also? The campus bookstore was closed. Which, it is a private, Christian university, so OF COURSE it's not open on Sunday...but being that it was MOVE-IN day, I thought it might be open. Holly was just really wanting some cute baby items for Rhodes.

Next time.

We were all hungry when we left the school. I had been all up in my feels over Clark's moving day, so I barely ate breakfast, and I didn't eat any lunch. Bad decision. My tummy was feeling ever-which-a-way. We decided to stop at a pizza place in a town about half-way home. I texted Holly to see if they wanted to stop and eat with us. I knew it was going to be around Rhodie's eating time. I told her that we would order the pizza, and they could sit in the car and nurse Rhodes until we got the pizza.

Which is what they did.

I texted her when we got our food, and they came in shortly after that. We were able to all eat together...Jim, Joshua, me, Holly, Aaron, and Rhodes...and then we got in our cars and headed home to our town.

I am tired, weary, emotional, happy...and, even tho people say we shouldn't say we feel "blessed," I feel blessed...thankful.

I see God's hand in Clark's life. It is a blessing to see him living out God's will for his life. And it is comforting to know that Clark is exactly where he is supposed to be.

"But let all who take refuge in You rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread Your protection over them, that all who love Your name may be filled with joy. For You bless the godly, O LORD; You surround them with Your shield of love." Psalm 5: 11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment