Thursday, August 25, 2016

Even More Moving Day #2 for #4: The Toilet Brush

Clark packed all of his own stuff for college this year.

Honestly, I've seen him pack more for a week of camp, than he did for this second year of college.

(I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since this is the kid who packed a small duffel bag and a backpack for his 3 week trip to China...and all I'm saying is that I'm praying for mild weather, because the child packed very few clothes)

He had most of his things loaded in his own car, but he had a few things in my vehicle. One thing in particular.

I picked it up and said, "what about this?" He said, "what about it?" I said, "well, I bought one for you last year, but it didn't make it back home in May...which is FINE. I just bought you a new one."

He looked at me, and said, "what is it?"

And, ya know, I wish I was making this up...I really do. But I'm not.

It was a toilet brush.

I think it explains so much about my life. And boys. And why a sense of humor is something God gave me to keep me from losing my mind.

"...wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7

No comments:

Post a Comment