Sunday, July 24, 2016

Weekend Update: IT'S SO HOT

IT IS SO HOT HERE.

I know it's summer, and I don't really want to complain about it. We usually have 4 distinct seasons in Arkansas...but summer came on with a vengeance. And in JULY, of all times. Makes me kinda scared for August!

I mean, you know it's bad when the meteorologists are saying the temperatures this coming week will be in the mid-to-upper 90's, and everyone is freaking out like it's the firsts snowfall of the season!

Fortunately, we have been able to stay close to home. Joshua's Therapeutic Recreation group is not meeting again until the Fall. Oh, they are having their annual pool party, but that's not til mid-August. Clark's summer job is over, so I don't have to worry about him getting stuck in a traffic jam on the way home...in this heat. We have enjoyed having him here...hanging out here, helping out with the baby.

This week, he is working a church camp at his college. He is so excited about it. We'll see how excited he is after he's with 3rd-6th graders all week. Ha!

I love to see my kids serving God by serving others. Whether it's singing in the choir, helping out in the nursery, being the greeters at church, taking the offering...or working a church camp. it blesses my heart.

We stayed here all weekend. We went out for dinner on Saturday night, and Jim said it was the first time we've been out for dinner as a family in a WHILE. I told him that if he had offered to pick something up for us...I would've been fine with staying at home. The heat just drains us all...and makes us all irritable. So we try to stay NOT-irritable...and just don't get out in it too much if we don't have to. If I have errands, I try to get them all done in the mornings, so we can settle in here for the rest of the day.

We had a good crowd in our small group today. One of the girls in our class brought her TWO WEEK OLD BABY with her this morning. When we got home, I was telling Holly about it. Rhodie is 5 weeks, and still has barely left the house...which is awesome! She couldn't get past the fact that someone would bring a 2 week old baby to church...but I got to hold her, so it's all GOOD. :)

I made chicken'n'dumplin's for dinner tonight, which is not really a "summertime" dish. I typically make it in the Fall and Winter, but it was Clark's request before he leaves for church camp. It was good!

Holly, Aaron-the-son-in-law, and Rhodes...all came over for a short visit to round out the weekend.

Hot, quiet, relaxing, fun.

"It is good to proclaim Your unfailing love in the morning, Your faithfulness in the evening..." Psalm 92:2

No comments:

Post a Comment