Sunday, July 3, 2016

Rhodie: Holding Him Close

We are over the moon with our precious grandson, Rhodes.

This weekend, we've all gotten lots of snuggle time with him.

As I rocked him today, I was overwhelmed by a feeling of wanting to keep him safe.

It's the same feeling I had with my own kids.

I just want to hold Rhodie close, and protect him from all the bad things in the world: from evil, from pain, from sadness, from disappointment, from suffering, from sin, from heartbreak...all the same things I wanted to protect my own kids from when they were little.

All the things I STILL wish I could protect them from.

But I can't.

None of us can.

The best we can do for our kids, for our grand-kids, is to live our lives reflecting the light of Christ...to point them to a Savior, who will walk with them through all the trials of this life, and who will hold them close when we can't.

"In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment